Worst Pilot in the universe!

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
First of I want to say that I love Flying J/Pilot truck stops. That said, there is one in Sacramento who has a separate owner who doesn't honor expediters! Unless you have a CDL they will not honor your shower credits! Hope that changes!

What a glorious Day!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First of I want to say that I love Flying J/Pilot truck stops. That said, there is one in Sacramento who has a separate owner who doesn't honor expediters! Unless you have a CDL they will not honor your shower credits! Hope that changes!

What a glorious Day!
Must be the old 49er truck stop.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What a glorious Day!
Must be the old 49er truck stop.

I try to avoid that place if at all possible...

That being said, I've never had a problem getting a shower there. They don't know the difference between cdl & non cdl credits. It's either on your account or it's not.

Reactions: SoG and scottm4211

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver

That being said, I've never had a problem getting a shower there. They don't know the difference between cdl & non cdl credits. It's either on your account or it's not.
It's not that, maybe you haven't stopped there in a while. Before they even check if you have credits they want to see your CDL! I couldn't believe it!

What a glorious Day!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's not that, maybe you haven't stopped there in a while. Before they even check if you have credits they want to see your CDL! I couldn't believe it!

What a glorious Day!
A true Expediter has a CDL , whether it's class A, B ,C ... and especially Someone who drives a Cube Van/Wannabe Small Str8 ...

Reactions: guido4475

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

What a glorious Day!
A true Expediter has a CDL , whether it's class A, B ,C ... and especially Someone who drives a Cube Van/Wannabe Small Str8 ...

40e8742d420cd8185a8e1481b11adecf.jpg

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What a glorious Day!

Those shower doors have locks with keys. What they want is your driver's license OR a credit card. They keep it as a "deposit" while you shower, so you don't run off with their key. And by the sound of it .. you might be a contributing factor as to why they started that policy.

I know it's difficult for some to follow rules or guidelines. Next time, try being obedient .. ask nicely ... and take your shower.

I get around ....

Also, I don't have a cdl currently ...

Reactions: ntimevan and piper1

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Those shower doors have locks with keys. What they want is your driver's license OR a credit card. They keep it as a "deposit" while you shower, so you don't run off with their key. And by the sound of it .. you might be a contributing factor as to why they started that policy.

I know it's difficult for some to follow rules or guidelines. Next time, try being obedient .. ask nicely ... and take your shower.

I get around ....

Let me try to convey that to you again. They didn't have a "book a shower" option on the app. I walked up to the lady and asked to get a shower. She said "Show me your CDL". I replied with "I dont drive a semi do I do not have a CDL". She said "our policy is that you must have CDL to get a shower with your pilot points".

What a glorious Day!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I get around ....

Let me try to convey that to you again. They didn't have a "book a shower" option on the app. I walked up to the lady and asked to get a shower. She said "Show me your CDL". I replied with "I dont drive a semi to I do not ha e a CDL". She said "our policy is that you must have CDL to get a shower with your pilot points".

What a glorious Day!

.... at that point you tell her you don't have a cdl ... you're under 10K lbs. Oh, we'll maybe you can't say that.

..... at that point you tell her you don't have a cdl, is a driver's license sufficient? She will either say yes or ... no it's not, I'll need a credit card.

For the points .. you can either scan your app, use the Pilot card or pay $12.

Reactions: piper1 and ntimevan

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
.... at that point you tell her you don't have a cdl ... you're under 10K lbs. Oh, we'll maybe you can't say that.

..... at that point you tell her you don't have a cdl, is a driver's license sufficient? She will either say yes or ... no it's not, I'll need a credit card.

For the points .. you can either scan your app, use the Pilot card or pay $12.
Bro next time you there you can ask. Either pay cash/credit or see you later! I pay sometimes at other truck stops when there isn't a Pilot or a Planet Fitness around but paying at a Pilot stinks when you got shower pointe, thats all I am saying! Either way, hope that changes at the location!

What a glorious Day!

guido4475

Not a Member
I'd never leave a license or credit card with the cashier for a deposit. Too much chance of identity theft. I'll leave, go to a campground, somewhere else.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd never leave a license or credit card with the cashier for a deposit. Too much chance of identity theft. I'll leave, go to a campground, somewhere else.

For this location, you'd be in luck. There's a public pool close by .. that's my alternative. It's clean and cheap ... it's like $6.

For other out of the way locations, that are not company stores ... let's say up north, during the winter .. sometimes you don't have a choice.

All of your data has been breached anyway, whether you're aware of it or not.

guido4475

Not a Member

For this location, you'd be in luck. There's a public pool close by .. that's my alternative. It's clean and cheap ... it's like $6.

For other out of the way locations, that are not company stores ... let's say up north, during the winter .. sometimes you don't have a choice.

I'm a firm believer in Lifelock, amongst other protection services that I use.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Yeah, someone cracked my identity, saw I was an expeditor, and put $20 into my account

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yeah, someone cracked my identity, saw I was an expeditor, and put $20 into my account

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Probably Murray. Lol

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines

I'm a firm believer in Lifelock, amongst other protection services that I use.
I also think about identify theft . Instead of purchasing something like LifeLock. I decided to only carry two credit cards in my wallet at a time. Both with only a couple thousand of credit. If either one of my cards end up getting hacked, it's easier just to cancel the card and dispute the charges.

Reactions: scottm4211

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also think about identify theft . Instead of purchasing something like LifeLock. I decided to only carry two credit cards in my wallet at a time. Both with only a couple thousand of credit. If either one of my cards end up getting hacked, it's easier just to cancel the card and dispute the charges.

It amazes me that people (not you) say they will only use debit cards when they have credit cards available to them. If your credit card is hacked or stolen it’s the banks money and their obligation to make it right.
If it’s a debit card you may be SOL.

guido4475

Not a Member
People can also get jnto/steal ones identity by obtaining their drivers license number as well as car insurance information.