worker's comp insurance

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The thread about the driver being injured reminded me that I know absolutely nothing about what to expect from the insurance that I pay for every week, should I ever need it.
I'd like to have a copy of the benefits & exclusions, [from Admin?] and also to hear from anyone who's had the misfortune to make a claim - how does it work?
Just another sign of old age I guess, when thoughts of skydiving are influenced more by the consequences of an injury than the excitement I always thought was 'all that' - these days, I'm terrified of icy parking lots, sigh.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
just by the thread title cheri, i think the load one ins is occ. health not workers comp. could be wrong though. if its occ. health, its generally going to pay you a flat rate a day. when you get the info though, please post what you find out.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
just by the thread title cheri, i think the load one ins is occ. health not workers comp. could be wrong though. if its occ. health, its generally going to pay you a flat rate a day. when you get the info though, please post what you find out.

You're probly correct, Tom - it's just that 'occupational health' sounds backwards: it's when you're not healthy that you need it, whereas worker's comp is pretty self explanatory. :p I'm guessing it's just semantics, and they work the same way, but it seems nobody else knows [from experience] either, so I think I'll call Admin tomorrow - maybe they'll know.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sorry I missed this thread in my traveling. Check with Angie or Bill in safety and they can help you out and get all your questions answered.