workers comp. ins.

rfrogger120

Expert Expediter
Was asked, if someone could get workers comp. ins. after being on comp. for a year? I said yes, but I could be wrong---does anyone know? she wants to work for an o/o, and some require you to get workers ins.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As long as there isn't something pre-existing that she would seek coverage on, they (state) should allow her.
Most carriers use a private accidental occupational policy. It would likely have that same language.
I would check prior to signing on with a carrier. A recruiter should be able to assist you.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

rfrogger120

Expert Expediter
She's been cleared by the doctor to work, but the reason why I was'nt sure of the rite answer, because I remember someone telling me, In order to buy or get workers comp. you have to be off for at least 6 months before you can buy comp. insurance. Does anyone know if thats still the case?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
All I know about workers comp. Is it is regulated by EACH STATE. Insuance carriers can get it but it is the same coverage for every employee in the state classfied by work groups.

People on Ladders pay the highest premiums, on down the line. So a truck driver in one city pays the same amount as another. Every employee is entitled to be cover as long as they can pay the premiums. Some states mandate that all employeers cover there employees some others have a # cut off where you have to have it lets say NC for instance it is three full time emplyees, four or more all must be covered.

You really need to contact your State Employment office and get a list of Insurance Carriers that Cover this and contact them and get the details. Or if a Contractor requires it contact his refrences.