Canada Work in Canada, live in US?

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry OVM, But this is the law in USA the GC it is for 10 years and you have to renew - This is noe to the Border officer this is USA LAW.

And the FAST and the GC nor have to do any thing about each other , ok , when you married USA citizen you reciving a GC onlt temporiry for a 2 years , thay have to find that this marrige is a normal not only for a dokumrnts like most people do........than whne you pass all INS requarmnts you will get a GC for a 10 years. I don't know whay your FAST it is only for 3 are is 5 yeras period. Everytnimg you have to renew , OK like the driver licensec the same with a GR or PR or a Passport . Canadian passport are for a 5 and USA 10 years............But don't things that your FAST help you for a your GC ..........read Immigration law, and I don't thinhgs that al ways you and youer wife are acceptian in this world , yes the law it is for everyone the same , only some people know how to play with law and some no...............

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
You don doing the GC - INS it is doing for you -then you don't have a choise for 2 years ist is for every one..........By the way how long you living in the USA ? Did you have a GC for a 10 or not your is forevar.................. no experation , like PR of your wife?

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
CDL A or A-Z it is pernament but in both country you have to renew???????????or because we have a FAST for us it not obligatory.
The only driver licence you don't have to renewal it is in Switzerland it is for a life. But every other place yes for a money ............

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry OVM, But this is the law in USA the GC it is for 10 years and you have to renew - This is noe to the Border officer this is USA LAW.

And the FAST and the GC nor have to do any thing about each other , ok , when you married USA citizen you reciving a GC onlt temporiry for a 2 years , thay have to find that this marrige is a normal not only for a dokumrnts like most people do........than whne you pass all INS requarmnts you will get a GC for a 10 years. I don't know whay your FAST it is only for 3 are is 5 yeras period. Everytnimg you have to renew , OK like the driver licensec the same with a GR or PR or a Passport . Canadian passport are for a 5 and USA 10 years............But don't things that your FAST help you for a your GC ..........read Immigration law, and I don't thinhgs that al ways you and youer wife are acceptian in this world , yes the law it is for everyone the same , only some people know how to play with law and some no...............

The State Department waived the 2 year temporary card, I got the 10 year one right away.
Descretion of the official. The decision was based that we were married 4 years before I applied. Therefore i was deemed not trying to get into country by way of arranged marriage.
What you seem to be not understanding is this: They, the State Department can do what they feel is right on an individual case by case assessment. What you read in black and white is not always true.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
only some people know how to play with law and some no...............
I don't going by what it is black and white, I tell you .I know I person who was married with a american woman for a 9 years and nevar apply for a GC and I help him to do this the same a way first for a 2 years then for a 10 - I don't realy understud how you are casse was differant, I f you go only by black and white you are nevar will get what you deserve........I don't said that you marrige was only for a dokuments , no but for majority of people yes.............Like this cubans geting Canadian citizenship and nevar have a residenci in Canada, nevera but using a friends a adress and very esay and simpale ....... Maybe it is who you know in INS? I remember when we have to reciving are USA citizenship the people don't geting for a 2-2.5 years but because I know the supervisor in this office we get this only for a 7 months and she call at my house personaly to tell me the news...........Every one from my freinds was supprise about how fast we get are citizenship , but I know this kady I do a lot od translation - verbal with a 3 immigartion lawers in town and I translated in the jail -deporttaion jail then most of the INS people know me . Maybe your casse was the same I don't know ..............

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are RULES not LAWS....rules are meant to be changed, broken and bent.....Congress did not make the rules the INS did.....

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
The ruls or law for me is the same for a both things if you have a person will obay the ruls and law................ The lawyer al ways said have a law and under law -million small doors and if you knok one of the small but right door you are in right spot.

What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing about Immigration on BOTH sides of the border I have learned...There is minimum standards to meet and after that there is a lot of "Officer Discretion" An officer can wave off so much with a stroke of a pen. Meaning what works with one applicant will not necessarliy work with another. As in border crossings there's no uniformity.
Example of this discretion is....I did not have to do the 2 year temperary card BECAUSE they ruled that because I had a FAST Card for 3 years and precleared it wasn't necessary.

This post says it best. Alborada, just because OVM's experiences have been a bit different than yours doesn't make his wrong. This an argument about things that are clearly and definitely gray. (How's that for a contradiction of terms?) It's like getting pulled over for doing 10 over. One cop will let you go, one will write you up for the whole 10, one will knock it down to 5 over.

Now, if Canada would just apologize for Celine Dion...

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Highway star, I am agree with you about the cops we all have a experience with this cops in the road, that whay I tell OVN that if you know somebody or thay like you you are in good spot other way you have to go pass by hell.......... I like the cops thay are fun but most of then like my russian accent and go BY pass with this boy's.............I wish you to every one the same ..................

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
The votes are in. Alborada is an expert on her opinion and OVM is an expert on his opinion. Each is happy with their own situation so you each win the imigration argument.

Agree 100% (mark that one on your calendar Terry:)). Now will someone PLEASE lock this thread and put it out of all our miseries. I've tried to drive on by but just like a good train wreck, I gotta stop and watch!!!:p:p

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Diva, :
The problem is not that there problems.The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having peoblems is a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible world: and pessimist fears this is true.
Drive safty and don't cry because the miseries its over ,smile because it happened...........