With $10,000, I would...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just for fun:

You win a contest, where you receive $10,000 to upgrade your current vehicle. No trade-ins allowed, you hafta spend it on what ya got. What do you do?

Me: raise roof and rear doors to at least 60-66", new rubber, change all fluids, generator, roof air, insulation, a nice truck or RV GPS, tunes, and a few odds & ends :cool:

And a second battery!

You guys & girls?

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
My truck is mechanically sound in A#1 shape but could use a professional paint job. Clear is peeling off in spots on top of the hood and already gone on top of the sleeper. $10k probably wouldn't cover the job entirely but almost would.

Sent from my C811 4G using EO Forums mobile app

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Add a high roof and doors to my van, upgrade rear axel to increase the GVW, insulation, mount my generator, also add cruise control which is sadly missing and finally a flip up bunk

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Better insulation. Espar heater. Better hotel power system. Solar if there's still some left.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing about these older vans, it's not hard to spend 10K.

But, if it's strictly about improvements-- a high roof, better insulation, air conditioning and a decent generator would go a long way. Add an Espar for heat in the winter-- my Big Buddy does the job but it's not the best, as we all know.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love my van, just like the Lone Ranger loved Silver; she's a faithful steed. Honestly, though, I want a Transit so bad I can almost taste it :p

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I want somebody else to be the guinea pig on the Transit before I race out and buy one. I want to see what these things are like when you have to get parts and maintenance, what the costs are when something breaks and so on. Sprinters are great until they break, then you find out it's a Mercedes Benz and costs like it, too. So--- no hurry.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Same here; I just want to step up to a tall van. I have to wait until my credit improves to change vehicles anyway.

I purposely avoided getting a Sprinter due to the problems it has, and couldn't find an SRW, 9600-9900 GVW cube in my price range; otherwise, I'd have gone that direction. DRW cubes didn't turn me on, either; they're too heavy to make sense while staying under 10K. So, tuna can it is, at least for now. :rolleyes:

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
an undermounted genny with roof A/c so i can quit idling my sprinter! (already deleted EGR and DPF ) I would love it to make 1,000,000