Winter Driving???

TruckingSurv

Seasoned Expediter
$10 x 100 miles is $1000, $5 x 200 miles is $1000, both good, but you made more profit on the shorter run,so nothing wrong with short high rate runs.

Reactions: Greg

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
$10 x 100 miles is $1000, $5 x 200 miles is $1000, both good, but you made more profit on the shorter run,so nothing wrong with short high rate runs.
Sure I've also had 400 $ for 4 hours once that was from the motel back to the motel had to hit 4 docks 3 p/u 1 del but those are few and far between I was at the right place at the right time.

Reactions: TruckingSurv

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
all points are great what I do is buy my tires just before winter that way have new tires with most tread
I grew up in watertown area of upstate new York never used snow tires, even on my straight trucks

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Speaking about chains, in truck driving school I had an old teacher with many millions miles under his belt. He said that 'you put the chains on to get out of trouble, not to get into a bigger one'. I will put the chains on so I can get off the road and park until they clear the road. No freight is worth our life. In my 10 year expediting career only 2 loads were affected by snow. One I couldn't get to, so they gave it to someone else, the other was about 5 hours late. The receiver on this one did not even know it was late.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk