windshield screens

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Im looking for some windshield screens that will fit my 2007 Freightliner M2, Id like to find the windshield screens and possibly the Side window screens, anybody know who stocks these...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
You talking about the sun blocking screens, Correct?
I couldnt find any that fit the full windsheild so I bought 2 of the biggest ones I came across and cut the second to overlap the full sheet. then duct taped it so it would fold into one sheet and easily be stored behind the sleeper wall and cabinet..Duct tape lasted maybe a year and half..Used the left over peices up top in the sleeper windows to help the A/C in the heat of summer.
For the side windows I made some preety lil print curtains that slip under the door seal but dont use those to often,,more so when I park the truck at home for any length of time. For the door curtain I took the time to sew magnets in the printed cloth thinking I would just toss em on the door and it would stick in place..They worked great when I tested/tossed them on my wifes car as I walked out of the house..But after trying to hang em inside the truck several times it Dawned on me that magnets are completly useless on a aluminum door panel.:(

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I believe there is an ad for a company making them, possibly in the new Challenge Magazine at FJ/Pilot.

Last edited:

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Ya know I think there is a market for these and it seems no one is doing it, Ive contacted many places, Im going to hit the next camping world I see....maybe a combination of the Privacy curtain and the motorhome screens ....crazy theres no company in this market...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You could look here, Clean and Cool.com - Big Truck Accessories, or make your own. It is not hard nor all that expensive to make your own.

Mrs. Layoutshooter makes ours. She buys a roll of "Reflextix" at Lowes or Home Depot and cuts it to fit. She tapes the edges with blue masking tape. They work good and last a long time.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought 3 of the large ones at Walmart. I use 2 overlapping to cover the windshield and cut the 3rd in half to fit the door windows. Simple and fairly inexpensive solution.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Thats exactly what we did.
I put a little tab of duct tape on the top of each side door piece that we slip over top of window.
The door pieces open with each door.
If I'm lazy the two for the windshield will cover ws and one door.
When we fold them up we use the straps of one large piece to hold the folded window piece to it.

Last edited: