why is XPO expedite so dead

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Freight rates have dropped so much over the last year that carriers may be having a hard time securing freight. I was an agent for Sunteck Transportation and dispatched my own trucks. Freight was so bad at one point we couldn't even get loads at $1.40 all in. We made the choice to go back to FedEx Custom Critcal because they was promoting their new load board that was scheduled to roll out in 2016. The move from an agent back to an owner operator with FedEx has proven to be very successful for us. With the load board now out, we are back doing the same thing we did as a freight agent. Some may not like the new load board, but we love it. It gives us more control of our business and the success we strive to achieve.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
No problem. 2015 was the worst year ever in expediting for us. We was down 1.3 million dollars in gross income from 2014. We know we can turn it around with being back at FedEx Custom Critcal.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I guess not too many expediters can claim that 2016 is perfect...
I can vouch for that. As a matter ofbfact I can say its in the toilet. Along with 2015..
But on a better note.. I'm hauling on of those @PO loads now. The rate on this load is also in the toilet.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Problem with xpo brokers, they aren't quite onboard with xpo express...many of them look to broker loads before checking the express division, and at other times bid against express division and then give to other trucks than xpo express trucks...but they are working on it...hope to have more of our own brokerages freight on express division trucks

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the whole industry has been destroyed, thank you carriers and brokers....as I've said many a times....we are now carriers of straight truck loads at cargo van prices....this industry is a done deal....there is no toilet..whats flushed is flushed...and gone....this is the new and improved version of what you can expect from now on....live it with it or get out....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
secondly, this has morphed into a part timers/second income affair....at 60-70 its no longer a full time 1 income support industry...it was a joke years ago about us seeing the country and RVing but it has come true....

just think....you are going to buy a new van and put all the bells and whistles and maybe between 40-50k have your self a decent ride and finance this ordeal over 48-60 month term....that's expecting at 100,000 miles per year....running at .70 a mile....making payments, supporting your family, doing the repairs...and then giving your carrier their insulting blood money to pay for what they are running their business...this is on top of what they charge you to get the load to begin with....what do they do with that 30-40% you give them?...and then they ding your pay for even more...

carriers again have recently dinged rates....by an estimate of 6%....has the office staff been dinged? or executive staff?....

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
the whole industry has been destroyed, thank you carriers and brokers....as I've said many a times....we are now carriers of straight truck loads at cargo van prices....this industry is a done deal....there is no toilet..whats flushed is flushed...and gone....this is the new and improved version of what you can expect from now on....live it with it or get out....
So you're saying the tank is dry? No reason to flush it then.
I'll go along with the new but I certainly won't say it's improved.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So you're saying the tank is dry? No reason to flush it then.
I'll go along with the new but I certainly won't say it's improved.
you've been around a long time.....ever seen an increase over the last 17 yrs...and you can't count FSC

improved LOL....depending on point of view....for a carrier heck yeah they just cut your pay and improved thier bottomline...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and then giving your carrier their insulting blood money to pay for what they are running their business...this is on top of what they charge you to get the load to begin with....what do they do with that 30-40% you give them?...and then they ding your pay for even more...
Totally agree with you