WHOSE COLORS ARE THEY?

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Have any of you fedexcc guys or gals ever delivered the finished product or completed work of fedex kinkos?

Just wondering why both fedex brands share the same logo colors.

DanJ

Seasoned Expediter
I was just going back and forth on the Fedex between the 2, and it looks like cc has a bit darker shade of blue than Kinko's to my eye anyway. But they are very similar.

fxks_logo.gif

customcritical_logo.gif

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
A while back, I had the opportunity to speak to FedEx Custom Critical President Jack Piccard and asked him the same question about the Custom Critical/Kinko color scheme similarity. His reply was rather simple. When kinky haired Paul Orfalea sold Kinkos to FedEx he chose the same blue color that had been assigned to Custom Critical. Kinko was a big enough operation to warrant a color choice. No other reason than that.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Speaking of logos...has anyone ever noticed the arrow in the FedEx logo?

India Hamner
FedEx CC
Staying alive is nice, but you can't do that forever. It's HOW you live the life you have while you have it.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
We've been shown that arrow many dozen times since it was nationally televised on 60 minutes. We were once in a Waffle House and a man came up to us and asked if he could take his wife over to the van to show her the arrow; it's tough to see if you don't look beyond the letters.

Have you seen the measuring spoon in the same logo?

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Speaking of logos...has anyone ever noticed the arrow in the
>FedEx logo?
>
>India Hamner
>FedEx CC
>Staying alive is nice, but you can't do that forever. It's
>HOW you live the life you have while you have it.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
>Another question??????
>
>Why isn't Custom Critical mentioned at the end of FED Ex
>commercials?

It's all about money and a return on the advertising dollar investment. At about 2% of gross receipts, Custom Critical is but a small sliver on the corporate pie chart.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Company I'm With does a lot of Kinko's Work out of The Cleveland Store Mostly Cross town stuff.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.