Who's your carrier?

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
When posting about a carrier, good or bad, how about letting us know who your carrier is? That will give us Newbees or Wannabees an idea who we might want to sign on with. Thanks.:+ :+

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Some don't want to post that info. It gives you more freedom to rant sometimes. A perfect example would be in the thread about fedex not negotiating with O/O

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Prof... different companies work depending on how that driver runs. I ran into a couple who run for Panther, and asked how they're doing. "Not that good, thinking of going on with FXCC or Conway." First question I asked him was what his acceptance rating was. 40%!!! No duh they're doing poorly, and moving to another company isn't going to do squat but get someone else their truck at a cheap price.
Needless to say, some companies are sticklers at logging by the rules, and some would rather you carry 3. Some companies run singles better than teams, and some won't let a team stop to take a breath. If you want to see the country, go with Landstar. If you want to be home everynight, drive for a local airfreight company. Like James Bond stuff? Check out Panther Special Services or FXCC White Glove. If you don't like Canada or hazmat, go with Express-1.
Seems there are more companies than there are spices, and every one of them leaves a different taste in your mouth. I'm looking forward to seeing some responses to your post.

T-hawk
"And they give you cash, which is just as good as money." - Yogi Bera