who's running the freight

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Yep. Just lost a reefer load with added services needed to it because I bid too high. :-( They actually sent me a message back telling me how that was way too crazy expensive. I bid lower than I wanted to and I felt bad going that low. They threw a number out at me after my 1st bid. Let's put it this way, my flat rate dry box truck would've made more $ on it.

Last edited:

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep. Just lost a reefer load with added services needed to it because I bid too high. :-( They actually sent me a message back telling me how that was way too crazy expensive. I bid lower than I wanted to and I felt bad going that low. They threw a number out at me after my 1st bid. Let's put it this way, my flat rate dry box truck would've made more $ on it.

Anything under $2.00 for a reefer load WITH added services is too low. You did the right thing by sticking to your guns.

Last edited:

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
$2.00 all miles or truck won't start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That $2 per is the MINIMUM for reefer/TVAL, and for that matter, almost ANY load on this truck. I would sometimes take a bit lower than $2, but not much lower and not very often.

That $2 per should be the MINIMUM, rate, all miles, THEN add FSC, tolls, etc etc. That would be at least a start towards paying us what it takes to run these trucks.

jersat

Expert Expediter
I think that FedEx has found out that they can put their loads on the Sylectus load board and get a much lower rate.

Dr Phil

Rookie Expediter
We have been running our Butts
off and have had 2 record months in a row with freight that paid week north of the "magic" 2.00 per mile and have Earley had to bid. But by saying that yes most talented loads are
A little low.try running them in a TT for those rates. That's why we went to a C unit..and now far more money in our bank account ! Twice the fuel milage lower maintenance and so on.
We looked at our numbers and have averaged 1.92 for EVERY mile since January 1. But we know what to bid and when.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Dr Phil

Rookie Expediter
And I hate spell correct. .that Trans latest quotation marks..hey administration fix the code..lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Jeepers

Expert Expediter
FCR trucks. You may have heard of them, they are the ones that are only here to pick up the slack.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think that FedEx has found out that they can put their loads on the Sylectus load board and get a much lower rate.

A portion of Special Account customers (TVAL) do not allow their freight on non-Fedex trucks.

Deville

Not a Member
A portion of Special Account customers (TVAL) do not allow their freight on non-Fedex trucks.

No FDCC customers should allow there freight on non-Fedex trucks. Why bother using Fedex if you aren't getting all the advantages that comes with it.
FDCC used to be the gold standard, now we are becoming just another common carrier.