Who to sign on with?

bolter82

Expert Expediter
Boss wants to sign the van i drive on with prestige, but we havent heard anything about how well their drivers are running. I dont have a cdl so any company who requires one is out of the question. My boss is based out of shelbyville, tn.

Has anyone ran recently for prestige? Id like your feedback. Are they worth our time?

Prefer responses to be emailed, as i dont have internet service.

[email protected]

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Before I started my company I drove for them for a few months. They were ok back then. If you're staying in a van I'd research carefully. We're not even looking at vans right now. We'd rather run our straights and broker out van loads when we get them.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Boss wants to sign the van i drive on with prestige, but we havent heard anything about how well their drivers are running. I dont have a cdl so any company who requires one is out of the question. My boss is based out of shelbyville, tn.

Has anyone ran recently for prestige? Id like your feedback. Are they worth our time?

Prefer responses to be emailed, as i dont have internet service.

[email protected]

I can't tell you anything about prestige, But I can assure you, you do have internet service. :cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It seems odd that you don't trust your boss's due diligence on this.
Any place you go has a chance of really sucking as auto freight slows down in the upcoming weeks.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Any place you go has a chance of really sucking as auto freight slows down in the upcoming weeks.

Yes, many carriers will be judged incorrectly in the next month.
And even more may have been incorrectly blamed for market conditions over the last 3 months & 7 months. Those seem to be the timeframes that we felt the screws tighten up a little more. IMHO.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just take a look at this year's gdp, the biggest drop since they began tracking in the 40s and matches the low of our recent recession.

I wonder if it's recovery summer part two?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Just take a look at this year's gdp, the biggest drop since they began tracking in the 40s and matches the low of our recent recession.

I wonder if it's recovery summer part two?

Excuse me?

Ahhhh, you mean the Q1 drop caused by the abnormally severe winter.

Btw, it's the best thing that could have happened. Did you notice how economists just shrugged if off? Just a year or two ago such a bad qtr would have had them in a tizzy. Conclusion: we're back! (but I sure would like to see wages improve)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There was much more involved than just a severe winter. It's the best thing that could have happened? That makes 0 sense any decline in our economy hurts the worst decline in years hurts more.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Hey Rags, you got a copy? How bout a internet check? Is this thing puttin' out?

Moot, you're connected as far as I can tell.

As for the economy, I certainly don't trust it.

As for sprinters, I know Load One is usually carrying a waiting list. Well managed fleets tend to have them from time to time.

eb