Who could I run for (with under cdl truck)?

bolter82

Expert Expediter
Im currently signed on with XPO. But they aren't moving us much. Im in an under-cdl straight truck. Looking for better company. Who knows of a company that allows under cdl trucks with them? Im planning on getting my class b but that's down the road (need help on a few things first).

Not interested in Nations Express or Bolt Express.

Just a quick reminder of what XPO offers...

XPO Express Offers:
- Forced Dispatch. Hours will be reset to zero after two consecutive turn-downs.
- Low start-up costs
- Standardized fuel surcharge on all loads
- Health insurance with prescription coverage
- Paid cargo/collision/liability insurance
- Competitive non-trucking and physical damage insurance
- Nationwide road service
- 2 Day orientation
- 99% no touch
- Paid weekly
- Pickup/drop off pay

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But they aren't moving us much.
As much as what? As much as other carriers? As much as you want? As much as they used to?

XPO, Nations and Bolt are all good carriers that move their straight trucks about as much as any other carrier. Same with Panther, Load 1, C&M, PTL, FedEx, Landstar.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
What are you getting for average miles? What dimensions do you have available for cargo? Weight capacity?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
- Forced Dispatch. Hours will be reset to zero after two consecutive turn-downs.

Uhm, dood, if you can turn it down, it's not forced. "Hours will be reset to zero..." is very, very different from "Contract will be cancelled..."

It would be nice to be able to make decisions without having to deal with any negative consequences, but neither life nor expediting, works that way.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I work for xpo in a Cargo Van, have gotten 1681, and 1788 last 2 weeks loaded...would PREFER much more but it's as good or better than other carriers

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Im currently signed on with XPO. But they aren't moving us much. Im in an under-cdl straight truck. Looking for better company. Who knows of a company that allows under cdl trucks with them? Im planning on getting my class b but that's down the road (need help on a few things first).

XPO Express Offers:
- Low start-up costs
- 2 Day orientation
- 99% no touch
- Paid weekly
- Pickup/drop off pay

I feel your pain, I am in the same boat, although I drive for a small company out of Cleveland, at least they have pretty good loads out of Ohio, but on the road, its slim pickings...

I have decided on 2 new sayings......

Turn and burn.......... once I get a load out of Ohio, drop and come right back (HOS permitting that is) no more sitting waiting for loads.

And second, drive it till it dies..........I didn't pay much for my truck, have made a lot of money with it, so im loading up my motorcycle in the back and when the truck dies, find a scrap yard, sign the title over, strap my clothes on the back of my bike and ride home.

Reactions: bolter82

bolter82

Expert Expediter
What are you getting for average miles? What dimensions do you have available for cargo? Weight capacity?
Haven't ran since Wednesday...so hard to say, last week, I think I got maybe 500+ miles....16' box, 8500#, can fit two 48"x48" pallets side by side.

bolter82

Expert Expediter
I work for xpo in a Cargo Van, have gotten 1681, and 1788 last 2 weeks loaded...would PREFER much more but it's as good or better than other carriers
Cargo van is a lot different that straight truck...I was getting 1700 - 2300 miles a week in a sprinter....first week in this truck, 700+.

sbarrett

Expert Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
Fleet Owner

XPO Express Offers:
- Low start-up costs
- 2 Day orientation
- 99% no touch
- Paid weekly
- Pickup/drop off pay

Seems like you are running pretty good. What's the main issue?

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
Haven't ran since Wednesday...so hard to say, last week, I think I got maybe 500+ miles....16' box, 8500#, can fit two 48"x48" pallets side by side.

16' box may be holding you back a little, a lot of loads for straight trucks require at least a 22' box, preferably one set up for expediting with air ride, landing gear, barn doors, and liftgate.

jojosilver

Rookie Expediter
I suppose my question back to you would be do you have a medical card and the correct insurance for the job? Those two questions would determine who I could give to you to try. By medical card I mean DOT physical and correct insurance I mean the motor carriers standard 1 mail