Where's da freight????

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I must say that this ongoing vendetta by a couple of posters against FECC is getting a lil old. I don't say that FECC is perfect or for everybody but they have treated me well and I don't plan on going anywhere. I realize that being satisfied and enthusiastic about expediting here is a very unpopular stance to take so I usually just lurk in the background.

As far as being asked to add trucks, I don't believe any recruiter has asked me in the last 2 years? I did get some generic letter last fall about a bonus and we also were offered bonuses for referals but that program was discontinued.

As far as fleet size, last month I heard around 1375. I will ask tomorrow what we are up to. I heard a "rumor" that they wanted to go to 1500 this fall, but that was from a driver.

As far as being slow, when I check the express centers at the end of the day most or all the trucks have been dispatched, so there must be many loads going to outside carriers.

Disclaimer: I am not here trying to encourage people to come to FECC. I just seem to see a lot of disinformation that irritates me. I have always said that what I do is a very specialized segment of trucking that only appeals to a small minority of drivers but if this is yer niche it can be very rewarding

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Jack
I would have to disagree that there is a ongoing vendetta against FedEx. I have seen people including myself post observations with regards to them, but no one is slamming them. As with any other company, we see posts both positive and negative with regards to just about every company. When you are dealing with one of the "big three" carriers, you will see more posts of people's experiences because there are more of them. That in itself can be a good or a bad thing.

The quote referred to by ATEAM was;
On another topic, while it may be true that some carriers continue to recruit drivers and add trucks no matter what the market will bear, it is NOT true of FedEx CC in the current business cycle

I personally took the above quote and interpreted it to mean, other companies are actively recruiting during a "slow business cycle" and FedEx was being attentive to the current drivers, and suspended their recruiting efforts until the economy picked up.

The above is not a attack on FedEx or the poster. My post would be the same regardless of the author or company.
That ATEAM quote in itself is inaccurate.
He may have just meant "B" units?
Numerous classified ads including EO, clearly indicate they are recruiting with the frenzy that other companies are.
If something changed in the last couple of days, then I stand corrected.

Nothing to get worked up over.
And, it is just my penny in the pond.
Davekc
owner
20 years

SpaceGhost58

Expert Expediter
Yes, things are slow for me right now and I am quite nervous.

I am leased with one of the stronger expediting companies.

Last year at this time I was very busy...it seems like the bottom has fallen out of the expediting business.

At this rate I will be out of business before the summer is over.

Spaceghost

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dave
Sorry, I wasn't exactly all worked up but sometimes get a lil irritated lol. I just post on my personal expreiences and from talking with my other friends, here. Of course there are people that have different ideas on what slow is. Yes, it is not as busy as last year at this time but as I said before as I go thru the VRU and listen to the days stats, the trucks are moving pretty well. Of course I don't know how many of those loads may be short unprofitable runs?

Well, gotta run, pickin up now in Woodland Hills, Ca headin up to Palo Alto.

speeder

Expert Expediter
To all of you who have been taken the time to respond to my post.

I sincerely appreciate your effort. Your posts were very insightful to me, giving me a better understanding of nature of expedited freight and what you and other companies are experiencing the past few months.
I ended up having 3 good runs so far this week, which I am most grateful for.

I am hoping that my financial state (brand-new equipment) will allow me to weather this slow freight storm.

Once again, I thank you for responces.

May God bless each of you in your journey!

S18wheeler

Expert Expediter
my husband and myself just left Fed-Ex CC .Its been almost 2 weeks now.We loved working for them.They were great .Just sitting for 4 days at a time wasn't so great.exspecially in NJ the last several months.I know its the expedited business in general.we bought a new KW900 studio in 2003 and payments are high.we had to leave or drain savings account to make all our bills.We had to take cheaper rates,BUT miles are consistant.We leased on with forwardair for the time being.Would like to come back to fed-ex when business gets better,good luck sherry