Where to go

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I am currently in Syracuse, NY and thinking of moving but I have had nothing since I went back in service on Thursday. I was thinking of moving into PA to try to get into a better area but I am not 100% since we usually don't run up here. For those that don't know I am in a CV and drive for Bolt.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Syracuse is always been good to me.....then again people like Kansas City....I hate that place...never no luck there..if it was me.I would head west towards buffalo..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I am hoping I can get something from Syracuse or Rochester but all the possibilities they call about keep falling apart, believe it or not I think Bolt has been getting out bid.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am hoping I can get something from Syracuse or Rochester but all the possibilities they call about keep falling apart, believe it or not I think Bolt has been getting out bid.

Could be that DaveKC fella triple loading his straight trucks as well...;)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Could be that DaveKC fella triple loading his straight trucks as well...;)

Those horrible fleet owners are ruining the industry for the rest of us. I will wait a little longer and move towards Buffalo in hopes he is not screwing things up over there.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
When i was with Bolt, 'cuse wasn't, Rochester was nothing worth DH'ing to, but Corfu was a good location...Buffalo is right there and they will DH you to Erie if you are the only one around...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I was hoping to keep the DH low but it looks like I will head toward Buffalo.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You have to spend $$ to make $$$

Agreed but I like to spend as little as possible to make that money. :D
I am trying to find that balance of DH that works best and is acceptable to me.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well got one from Rochester to Monroe, MI, that takes a little pressure off.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The weather here in Fort Wayne,IN is really nice:rolleyes::D

Oh I tried the Fort Wayne idea when I finished orientation with Bolt in Toledo, figured out it was not the brilliant idea I thought it was.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hey, anytime you need a load, just ask me where I use to NOT get freight when I was with Bolt...:rolleyes:..:D

I am seeing and hearing a lot of things about Bolt but I was hoping they might work for my situation, it looks like we might use each other for a little while. If things continue the way they have it is something that won't last, there has been a couple of changes I don't like and there were some issues that I didn't like coming in but as you know there is no perfect company.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL, more then a few, but with Load 1, if they send you into an area that will mean a long wait or DH out, they you for both...so its not often an issue...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am seeing and hearing a lot of things about Bolt but I was hoping they might work for my situation, it looks like we might use each other for a little while. If things continue the way they have it is something that won't last, there has been a couple of changes I don't like and there were some issues that I didn't like coming in but as you know there is no perfect company.

Discard what you've been told and find out what YOU don't like on your own.....or it will play on your mind and pollute the waters, so to speak...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Discard what you've been told and find out what YOU don't like on your own.....or it will play on your mind and pollute the waters, so to speak...

Yeah that is what I am doing, I have noticed there seem to be a lot of former drivers from Bolt on here. I like to form my own opinions on things just because what is important to one person may not be important to me, it was the same when I was a truck driver. Unfortunately I am finding some of the same issues plus they changed something to work against me. Right now it is more of us using each other, my wife needs to gain her 6 months of driving experience and they need freight moved, not exactly a marriage made in heaven but it works for now.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah that is what I am doing, I have noticed there seem to be a lot of former drivers from Bolt on here. I like to form my own opinions on things just because what is important to one person may not be important to me, it was the same when I was a truck driver. Unfortunately I am finding some of the same issues plus they changed something to work against me. Right now it is more of us using each other, my wife needs to gain her 6 months of driving experience and they need freight moved, not exactly a marriage made in heaven but it works for now.

Had that relationship with my Canadian Carrier...they used me I used them...once you know how they work you can use it to your advantage....I made some good money once I knew the working rules.....Not a premium way to contract, but it worked...