Where did you say, "Time Out".

slfisher45

Expert Expediter
I know miles translates to dollars and we are all here to make that interpretation. Did you ever find yourself in an area where you said to yourself or your co-driver, "This is beautiful let's take a day off and enjoy this area.
Please tells us about that place.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do that a lot. It's one of the reasons I got into expediting.

I took a Time Out when I delivered in Key West. Sat dockside in an open air restaurant and dined on the largest scallops I've ever seen.

Delivered to Flagstaff and went out of service for a few days to tour the Grand Canyon. Went to Bryce Canyon (in many ways just as impressive as the Grand Canyon). Glen Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, all that.

Kalispell, MT, near Flathead Lake and Glacier National Park is one that I'll usually take an extra day or two. It's breathtaking any time of the year there.

There are lots of places that are beautiful, whether it's a foggy sunrise over Wabash, Indiana in June...

IMG_0036a.jpg

or a sunny November afternoon at Devil's Tower, Wyoming.

IMG_0046a.jpg

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
1. Time out in Gettysburg, Pa. Toured the battlefield, really need more than one day to see and appreciate everything.
2. Time out in Appomattox Court House. Can ya tell I"m an Civil War enthusiast?? :)
3. Time out for 2 days @ Daytona Beach in Feb. Nothing like being woken up by the sound of an 800 hp racin engine at 7 a.m.!!!!!!
4. 2 day 'time out' in Louisville for the truck show!!!!!! :))) Three yrs. in a row! Every year when the truck show rolled around, about Wed. of that week we'd call dispatch and call them on a 'favor' owed. Request a load going anywhere close to Louisville. They'd come thru for us everytime! Doing some of those little short runs to help a dispatcher out can have it's benefits. :)
The absolute best time outs are when you get to spend time with family that you wouldn't ordinarily get a chance to see.