Where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Would you mind sharing some of the details about your contract? This is where alot of the sentiment about their contracts comes from in regard to them being a good fleet owner?

Last edited:

romoore245

Expert Expediter
Hi, everyone I dont post very often mainly my husband does, but I felt the need to reply to this one. When we started driving 4 1/2 years ago we signed on with this company. They had an add in our local newspaper and we went to a seminar at a local hotel and they set us up with them. We knew absoultly nothing about trucking but we wanted to do it. We went threw training and they set us up in a truck with con-way now. What the first person said about the equipment was very true, if we would have known what we do now we would never have drove any of the four trucks he had us in over the one year and 2 days we worked for him. There were many times we had to drive in violation equipment and were told not to stop until they told us to. We drove in two of the trucks with tires so badly cupped that our arms would hurt from the shaking and fighting the truck to stay on the road. We had oil leaks so bad the we out of our own pocket were putting in 2 to 3 gals a day and were still told not to stop and the motor eventually blew and he just put us in another truck with its own problems(though not as bad). The last truck we were in for the last 2 months he was trying to get us to leases purchase this truck for a huge payment, plus all the normal fees, and a percentage of our profit after that to put into a maintence fund everv month. He was upset that we would not fall for it. The truck was 4 years old with 600,000 miles already in bad shape and he wanted us to lease purchase for 4 years and basically pay more than the cost of a brand new truck.

On the financial end they were ripping us off. Being new to the business it took about 6 months to figure out something was wrong. In his defence he did not do the payroll his right had girl who basically did everything did all money transactions. The biggest problem was they paid out every week even before they got paid from the company, so every week we would get our 50% of load pay minus fees (fuel, qual-comm,trip pak, workers comp, ect). Once a month they would issue a check for all extra money that they received from the carrier fuel surcharge, new englad fees, haz-mat, and anyhting that was negoiated for a load , ah and dead head. Also on this check would be you bonus, if you ran more than 10,000 miles a month you got a 2% bonus. THis is where all the problems were they just wernt paying. If you ran 20 loads a month your bonus check they called it might have 3 small fuel surcharges a couple of deadheads a not much more. there was never any deadhead pay or negoiated pay. If they were only skimming the fuel surcharge we may not have figured it out because con-way did not tell you on your load offers that you were going to get a fuel surcharge.
Anyway we caught on and went in and confronted angela about it and ahe went back and said they shorted us 400.00 but that was all. We still had about 4 months on our contract so we stayed to fufill our duties.
The day our contract was up a tornado came threw and hit the campus and destroyed there buildings. Ha Ha The next day was payday and because they had no office angela had to load the pay from home, I dont know what she did wrong but she loaded our 2200 in pay 3 times to our t-check. They next day we showed up at c-1 (thats what they call there campus) parked out truck in the debree, fixed our personal vehicle (the tornado cracked our windshield and flattened our tire) and left.
A couple of days went by we are home in texas working on the purchase of our truck and Kyle calls very angry. He cussed us called us theives and so on. We told him how we felt about everything and how we felt like they still owed us more than the 4400 we were overpaid. LOng story short he finally went back over our pay for the year called us back and said he still owed us 700 more dollars. We said it was still short but we would call it even for 700. He asked us to come back we said no. In about a week we got a check and a letter for 188.00. The letter said he looked over everything again decided thats all he owed us and if we cashed it he had no more legal responsibality to pay us any more money. We did not cash just hung it on our wall to remind us of our begining and also how lucky we were to recoupe what we did.
Also people dont realise he has investors that he answers to so some of the reason he lets the equipment get so bad it because its all about numbers to him and none of his own money involved in the process..

Sorry its so long but its hard to tell a story in a few sentances..

April Moore

tnt1271

Seasoned Expediter
This the last thing I am going to say about this. I am very sorry and my heart goes out to those who were treated that way and I am not trying to discredit those peoples experiences. I am just saying that we have never experienced that kind of treatment. We have always been paid exactly what was owed to us. A have never had a problem getting anything fixed. That is our personal experience...

DAVEnKIM

Seasoned Expediter
Ok then.This is why I have been searching and wading through the reams of info on the stated company posted/advertised on this site and others but due to my ignorance of the posting rules,I had my very fist post stripped from this forum when I was trying to gather from other forum members, information who may have had any dealings with the company in question.We are both totally rookies as far as truck driving is concerned but we really want to get in to it for a second career choice.We may be a bit more confused now more than ever about getting what the real deal is with said company but due to the very fine advice from other forum members about getting started,we are getting a handle on what we should be doing.We both realize that it's going to take a lot of work and research on our part and some finacial fortitude to get going in a new career especially in this line of work.I just wish that the stated company would reply to some of my e-mails questioning what's been written about them but I guess that they're refusal to do so speaks volumes about them being a genuine,honest company.

groinster

Seasoned Expediter
Wow...a post about ES. I fully understand why the post was deleted. I have my own oppinions about ES, if you want to hear them then you can PM me. TNT is one of the only couples that I know personally that have had no ill will toward said company. I have a lot of ill will toward them. I should have done better research. I could go on and on but I see that many others have posted my experiences. My favorite though, is that they charged me for a truck wash (on the way out), when i got one the previous day, and they paid for all of the truck washes, while we were with them. Go figure. Yes, there are three sides to every story, but in this particular case, there really is only one.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Hi, we're new here.. have been doing a lot of reading, thank you for being here for us to do that! We're in Southern Ontario, hubby has a straight truck, he's new to the biz; unfortunately he kinda jumped in without doing a lot of homework! So far, so ok though! I thought I'd introduce ourselves after reading about the DBP issue! We're definitely here to stay and glad to have found this forum, VERY educational, and we've already chatted with some contacts! I'll be sure to write a lot more, so when the time comes to b*tch about whatever issue, I'll be able to do so!
Wish we'd found you a lot sooner!
Thanks again for making this forum available to us!

greywolf184

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I would like to say I also had my first post stripped from this forum. I am the one who posted the site about ES. I have been coming on here for over a year, but had only been reading the post. I just got tired of people telling others about that company being so good, but if you talk to a lot of their old drivers you will find out otherwise.

My intentions were to only spare others the problems my husband and myself experienced with this company,(as I know we are not alone). I do feel people should have access to find out info. such as that. I do admit we did not check them out thoroughly as we should have, but it still does not give them the right to rip off someone who is trying to better themselves. If you look there are now 4 post on the site and I know there will be more before it is all said and done.

It is just as a buyer beware for drivers.

sparky1957

Seasoned Expediter
this is the absolute most horrible experience one could imagine. they push their contract down your throat once you sign but they dont live up to it themselves. they change it all the time and you get screwed . you better have a healthy bank account or you will never survive the year with them, then you owe them thousands of dollars for years to come.all they want is new nieve innocent people to sign up then they throw you to the meat grinder. they need to be stopped ,,,,

greywolf184

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I would just like for others to know that there is definately something wrong with this company. It is starting to come out. There is no longer just 2 post about them now. If this was a legitimate cschool, then why are other peoples complaints the same. Money is the big factor with this company. They will take everything from you. They do not care for who ever comes through their school, all they care about is taking everything you work for while going deeper and deeper in debt.

When you try to better yourself you should not have to be dipping into any other savings you have in order to survive, but yet you will have to with this school. you SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY ONCE YOU SIGN ON WITH THEM. The owner is out for himself only. He will bleed you dry and then throw salt into your wounds,(while laughing). Why should someone be able to keep getting away with that.How can they get away with it?

Ripoff Report Search Results: expedite solutions

sheetmom

Seasoned Expediter
I have been reading these threads on here for two years now and I thought I better register so I could finally reply. I have worked for ES for two years now and stopped in Dec. 2007. Going back to them now only with a different trucking company. Personally as a team in a straight truck we have had no problems (major) with ES.
Maybe we havent been trucking long enough but I have realized it isnt always greener on the other side. There are pos. and neg. with any job.
I just wanted to say that I have had very positive relations with ES and will continue to enjoy the entertainment from EO. Catch you on the flip flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.