When you find out the Powerball odds are One in 292.2 million.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The time to buy a lottery ticket is the week after a really big jackpot has paid out. Nobody buys tickets that week, so your chances skyrocket. :moneybag::moneybag:

Reactions: tseders93

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wouldn't the odds remain the same ? To get X amount of numbers out of the same pool ?
Yes. It was a joke. :D

The odds of winning any number lottery are dependent on the number of balls (or unique numbers) you must choose, and how many numbers you have to choose from (like, from 1 to 59, so, say, 59 numbers). Previously in the Powerball, players chose five numbers out of 59, which gives you odds of 1-in-175 million. But the Powerball people made a switch in October, to get the jackpots higher and thus more lottery fever going, so that players now choose five numbers from 69 numbers. Now the odds are 1-in-292 million.

However, they've reduced the number from 39 to 26 for the red powerball itself, which means your odds of picking the correct red Powerball number have actually improved. That boosts the chances of winning some kind of prize to 1-in-25 from 1-in-32. Players who pick just the Powerball number and get no other correct numbers will win $4. Go crazy.

picture-214026.jpg
Odd of becoming POTUS: 1:10 million
model-1.jpg
Odds of dating a supermodel: 1:88,000
49-Dog-Pearl-Necklace-1663-S.jpg
Odds of eating an oyster and finding a pearl inside: 1:12.000.
jaws.gif
Odds of being bitten by a shark: 1:11.5 million
latest
Odds of getting struck by lightening: 1:2 million
photo.jpg
Odds of getting a royal flush in poker: 1:31,000

So, you could become the President of the United States, while dating a supermodel, and while on vacation wading waist deep in the ocean find a pearl while eating an oyster, as you get bit by a shark, and then get struck by lightening as you have the Secret Service EMTs dress the shark bite, and then later get a royal flush playing poker, all of which has a combined 1-in-23.6 million chance of happening to the same person, which is way better odds than is the 1-in-292 million chance of winning the Powerball.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yawn .... i will still spend MY $6. on a dream of Winning the Powerball ... mainly because my odds of Winning the Powerball are better (IMO) than your odds of dating a Supermodel ..... Lmao

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's because your (O) is based on severely limited information. You have no idea who I dated back in the early 80s when I worked as a studio musician in NYC.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've posted my resume here before. Basically, musician, dry cleaner, restaurant management, photography & portrait sales, and expediting.

Excuse me ... but isn't this off topic ...? Powerball odds .... No one asked for Your job resume .... if you want to talk about job resumes ..Please start a new Tread .... :D

Reactions: tseders93

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A - learn how to properly quote

B - No, it isn't, since you derailed the thread and opened that door when you went off-topic and made it about me with "...than your odds of dating a Supermodel "

C - I strongly suggest you get your Green & Yellow freight train back on its tracks, otherwise it's going to derail at the sharp curve at More Trouble Than You're Worth Junction, which is where it's heading a full speed.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A - learn how to properly quote

B - No, it isn't, since you derailed the thread and opened that door when you went off-topic and made it about me with "...than your odds of dating a Supermodel "

C - I strongly suggest you get your Green & Yellow freight train back on its tracks, otherwise it's going to derail at the sharp curve at More Trouble Than You're Worth Junction, which is where it's heading a full speed.
So ... now its ok to threaten members ...? Your the one that called me a name early last week ... and all i am questioning is Why you don't have to follow the same rules as other EO members .... once i get an apology ... you can (pm) me and i will drop this so-called pissing match .... lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So ... now its ok to threaten members ...?
For trolling? Yes. For openly challenging Staff members and calling them names? (you have a history of that - I haven't forgotten about you calling Dave a "joke" moderator). Yes. For derailing threads and posting off-topic? Yes. For unprovoked snipes at Staff and members alike? Yes.

Your the one that called me a name early last week
No I didn't.

and all i am questioning is Why you don't have to follow the same rules as other EO members
I do follow the same rules.

once i get an apology ... you can (pm) me and i will drop this so-called pissing match .... lol
Since you've made your conditions clear (as clear as pee can be) on disengaging from the pissing contest and posting in a constructive and non-disruptive manner, you leave me with little choice.

Reactions: mjmsprt40

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, man--- the unbelievable levels that it takes to try to get away with insulting staff..... You just know that can't come to a good end. If you MUST do it--- that's what PMs are for. Doing it "in public" just makes things worse.
Back on topic: For my part, I chose not to play the big multi-state games a long time ago. The odds are terrible, and when you get a big prize like we've got with Powerball, if you're the soul winner I can think of nothing that would put a bigger target on your back. Instant billionaire? Instant more trouble than you've ever had in your life from the time you were born until now. In a scratch-off or a single-state game you might win something, and if you do it's not likely to be big enough that the money itself causes you more trouble than you had before.

Reactions: Turtle