When I am typing, the cursor jumps around and creates word salad.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I will be typing out a novella about Hinos, and the cursor will move, without prompting, a few sentences away and my words will dump there instead. It is super annoying. This is the only website I visit where this happens, at least that I've noticed. I'm not ruling out a problem on my end.

It happened once just typing this out.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Using a laptop? I had that problem because somehow the palm of my hand was moving the cursor with the laptop touchpad. Good luck figuring it out.

msams

Administrator
Staff member
I will be typing out a novella about Hinos, and the cursor will move, without prompting, a few sentences away and my words will dump there instead. It is super annoying. This is the only website I visit where this happens, at least that I've noticed. I'm not ruling out a problem on my end.

It happened once just typing this out.
What type of system are you on? Desktop, laptop, mobile? What OS and browser are you using? Issues like this are typically due to an issue on the machine/OS itself but I can troubleshoot a bit if I know what you're working with.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Asus G60 laptop, Windows 7, Chrome. The touchpad is not in an area where my hands go, I've watched myself type to see if I'm contacting it and that doesn't seem to be the case.