When a truck/driver sits/takes a break for 4 weeks why does Qualcomm have to Collect?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: k for 4 weeks why does Qualcomm have to Collect?

Thats dispachs job I've made more money than any where else in the trucking industry with the system I'm on now with this system and less expences and i stil do high value loads JIT loads

I am glad your way is working for you...congrats...

In some circles having a QC is called..."maximizing load opportunities" having that shipper call just for you because he/she sees you around the corner is a real plus...if that shipper puts that load on a board you may not even see that load....opportunity lost and a lost opportunity can never be made back up....

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Simply unpluging 1 wire on the new QC will stop the tracking. I beleive it is the single wire with the green release clip.. (If I remeber right??)
I have no proplem with the QC or Marco Point I kinda perfer em over being put on hold and with the old carrier money could be made on wait time while waiting on a repley from them..
Ex; Message sent:
Shipper wont load truck with out P-UP #. Please send
Message received sometime later: 10-4 we received your message..
Much later message comes in and dispatch is asking if the truck is loaded..
Advise dispatch to see previous message,,wait for the 10-4 message.
Message sent: Ill be in the sleeper Please advise when you get p-up #.

Last edited:

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

they post on some system were i'm at and in 4 mo company's and brokers are looking for me i'm a person here not a number and thats without the great Qc and we don't do NLM loads except to cover a nother company's back side

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Re: When a truck/driver sits/takes a break for 4 weeks why does Qualcomm have to Coll

Now we can all spend days filling the forum with all the reason how someone that is unethical can defeat the system. And the horror stories of how this carrier or that abused the system. I have plenty of abuse stories myself from my days in the cab.

But in the end when talking about honest, ethical people the decision to run for a carrier that using them or install them for your carrier comes down to a personal choice. You weight the pros and cons, how important it is for you and move from their.

From a business prospective (and I am not naive enough to believe that more than a handful actually care about that) there are two driving factors. And it all comes down to finances.

1. You have a large volume of freight in the industry that requires it. Regardless if their reasoning is sound, they write the check and that is what they are paying for. So if that freight bring enough value to your business you will do it.

2. Phones calls take time and resources. At some point you look at the number of people that you need update your boards. And you evaluate if you can reduce the calls and head count and use QC to reduce costs. Because the formula is simple: Pay To Truck = Gross Revenue - Costs - Profit. So if I can keep my same profit, reduce my costs I can pay my trucks more (or make more profit).

All the other reasons you may have heard at orientation, from a recruiter, dispatcher or on the internet are secondary.

Some people would never have one regardless of the money, most don't care and many that hate them is because of how they have been used in the past.

But the great thing is that we call have choices. You can find a company that doesn't require them or you can start you own company.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

they post on some system were i'm at and in 4 mo company's and brokers are looking for me i'm a person here not a number and thats without the great Qc and we don't do NLM loads except to cover a nother company's back side

That is too bad....some of my best paying loads are NLM....and some of the worst too....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: When a truck/driver sits/takes a break for 4 weeks why does Qualcomm have to Coll

Now we can all spend days filling the forum with all the reason how someone that is unethical can defeat the system. And the horror stories of how this carrier or that abused the system. I have plenty of abuse stories myself from my days in the cab.

But in the end when talking about honest, ethical people the decision to run for a carrier that using them or install them for your carrier comes down to a personal choice. You weight the pros and cons, how important it is for you and move from their.

From a business prospective (and I am not naive enough to believe that more than a handful actually care about that) there are two driving factors. And it all comes down to finances.

1. You have a large volume of freight in the industry that requires it. Regardless if their reasoning is sound, they write the check and that is what they are paying for. So if that freight bring enough value to your business you will do it.

2. Phones calls take time and resources. At some point you look at the number of people that you need update your boards. And you evaluate if you can reduce the calls and head count and use QC to reduce costs. Because the formula is simple: Pay To Truck = Gross Revenue - Costs - Profit. So if I can keep my same profit, reduce my costs I can pay my trucks more (or make more profit).

All the other reasons you may have heard at orientation, from a recruiter, dispatcher or on the internet are secondary.

Some people would never have one regardless of the money, most don't care and many that hate them is because of how they have been used in the past.

But the great thing is that we call have choices. You can find a company that doesn't require them or you can start you own company.

Well said.....we all have that choice of how to run our business....

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

Ive covered my old companys load NlM with 6 of thier vans & 7 streight trucks at $1.62 a mile 12oo miles

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter

TY like we say we don't care who bids it we the one's that get it thar on time