Wheelbase

tknight

Veteran Expediter
My current dead freightliner rode nice on a 300" wheelbase, what's yours? I'm looking at cab and chassis to move my sleeper, lg and box onto, but need to get it stretched. i found one with a wb of 284, was thinking it might be enough as its expensive labor, it needs about 44" more frame rail extended at the rear for total length.
anyone know a good frame shop in ne ohio area?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'll go measure it but it's a. International 4300 with air suspension

8'6"

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Also bumper to center of front wheel measurement !!! LOL

Sounds like it will be close but will have to do the math and draw it out.

Make sure on the BBC. ( front bumper to back of cab ) !!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Here's a picture of my current pos truck ImageUploadedByEO Forums1434931811.542553.jpg
Anyone know a good mb mechanic that wants to maybe try an inframe overhaul, the bottom end is already done with new bearings

tknight

Veteran Expediter
The original motor threw a rod
The replacement motor with 250k I bought and had installed turned into a junk motor within a few hrs when it was discovered to have over 500k miles on it, thus becoming a money pit and a law suit due to worldwide diesel refusing to do anything about it. It needs a a full overhaul about 20 k in parts and additional labor and heartache!!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
It needs rings valves and Pistons not to mention injectors and many other worn out parts.... Actually the only good part on the motor I bought is the fan belt

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Been running and if I get a chance I will do some math but I really think it will be ok, rear drives might end up a little past the half way point of the box but shouldn't be an issue.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Been running and if I get a chance I will do some math but I really think it will be ok, rear drives might end up a little past the half way point of the box but shouldn't be an issue.
I thought they were optimum at 60% of the box

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Typically the longer you can stretch them out the better the ride however the issues are staying legal with axle weights and distances especially if you run in or out of New York city. If you run NYC freight call NYCDOT truck enforcement otherwise you may get saddled with permits or hefty fines. Another thing to consider is weight distribution and exceeding frame capacity, don't forget the overhang and resulting tail swing when turning.

Most OEM dealers with a body shop will be able to advise you on the details. Although if you go through the front door they will try to get you in front of a sales guy.
I have had good luck with Regional International in Henrietta NY 585 359 2011 ask for Kyle he is the service manager and is good at his job.