Whats up with Freight

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope been sitting a week and a half but at least it is at home

This has happened to me twice- I send an out of service message with date and time of when I will be back in. My in service date and time has passed. I do a mac 19 and get no return message. I do a mac 25 and it is saying I'm out of service with no known in service date. First time it happened, I called. "You have to call us to let us know"... What? Never had to do that before. Sunday night when I was in service, ( I thought), instead of sending a mac 19 first I do a mac 25. Sure enough, I am still out of service. This time I was told, "the newbe did not confirm it." When I questioned this I was told, "we have to get them trained somehow"....

If you have been sitting for a while, thinking you are in service and you do mac 19 and get no return message, you are out of service or in service unconfirmed. Hope this is not the reason you have been sitting for a week and a half......

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At least I am in service that is one thing that I checked :D

That is always good...now would it be kinda funny if someone read this and then put you in service before you checked it.....lol. Big Brother is Watching you know... :cool:

lir47942

Seasoned Expediter
Now they never watch us lol. Yep been in service since Saturday when I told them to put me back guess freight is just that bad. Mite have to move to St Louis to get something

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You should be on the "List" then.....Being on the "List" is a good thing, means they are getting loads for those on the "List". I'm on a different kind of "LIST" :cool:

RubberDuck

Active Expediter
Prior to 01 January we were running VERY steady. Ever since then it has steadily tapered down and we have sat A LOT. I've been doing this for almost 3 years now and this is the slowest I have been. We have been getting relatively good loads, but averaging about 1550 miles a week, sitting for 2-3 days between loads.

Just my experience.

RD

lir47942

Seasoned Expediter
Did get out this week 2 perty good loads now in Atlanta and 3 in line so thinking I will be here for the weekend any one else down here? I am at the pilot at exit 51 off 285

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe, just maybe, folks need to take a look around and everyone else is running 4-5000 per week! Time to make a move? We did!:eek:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
been avg 3 loads a week. all solo loads. slowly going broke. talked dispatch last week and was told they do not have enough loads to cover the fleet. 226 loads one day. we sit weekends ans about three or 4 days a week.

last week in laredo we ran into a spr team on tuesday who had been there since the prev friday. we moved to dallas and had three calls on bids but none came thru. so we know they are looking.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus

we are down 20 loads to last year and some serious revenue to go with those loads.

heard in laredo frt was down 40% this year. also heard because of the then imposing govt shutdown many companies stopp ordering.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

we are down 20 loads to last year and some serious revenue to go with those loads.

heard in laredo frt was down 40% this year. also heard because of the then imposing govt shutdown many companies stopp ordering.

Or thay are making their own runs into the U.S.