What's The Industry Like Today????

sickdog40

Seasoned Expediter
Hello,
I am an ex-FedEx'er, D unit. Had a Super D and left in 2000 to take care of my mother-in-law. Problem is, FedEx wants us back and I was wondering how things are moving. It seems the people on the forum have a good pulse on things with out ranting or raving too much. I'm looking for real answers, not the companies side. I'm looking at putting out some moola for a Volvo super d with the works. When we were with them before, they made me some good money. Of course, I miss it real bad, so does my wife especially since she went through breast cancer last year. I know there are people out there who are never happy doing anything, but I would like to hear from FedEx'ers since if I do come back, that's where I will work. Any Help???

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
January has been slow for us but that was expected. Our revenue was up in 2006 from the previous year. As far as we are concerned we are doing well in a D unit for Express but have no idea how a super D would do.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
Hello,

Hope you can find your way back.

I'm interested in you "super-D"

I assume that is a semi-tractor and a short trailer.
What length of trailer did you use.??
Which length is best for Super-D use..??

Are companies hiring Super-Ds..??

Thanks and Happy Trails.!!!!

sickdog40

Seasoned Expediter
Back then, a class 8 made into a "D" unit straight truck was a Super D. Not sure what they call them now. I just know that when we had a single axle (rear), we couldn't even run empty with full tanks and not be over on our front axle. I'm not doing that again. I'll either pay the FET and get tandems down or go with pusher. Just want to hear from some of the people running with FECC to see if you can still amke some money. When we had to leave, we were about to be White Glove and we now will of course have to start over.

Tweetie

Seasoned Expediter
If the recruting dept. has already accepted you, thats the biggest hurdle. As for the size of unit you want to put on thats a personal preference. We have been with FedEx cc for many years, business is up and down just like it always has been but a husband/ wife team is a major plus in this industry. Best of luck to both you.
FedEx CC O/O 22 years

sickdog40

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Tweetie...we're going to stick with the D unit. We really enjoyed it. Your right, it has it's ups and downs. I remember when the army used for it's slogan "want an adventure...join the army". That really should be and expeditors motto. Just think of it as a motorhome with some junk in the back and somebody else is paying the bills. Your not going to get rich at this. Just like any other job, you do your job the best you can and most of the time the company will take care of you. When ever we met somebody that really complained about the job alot, just think of the source. We did some cool stuff and we did some junk. But we always got paid and we had fun. Oh ya, we also met some pretty cool people in expeditors. Even today after being off the truck for 6 years, we still have those friends. Go figure...