Canada whats required

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
What is required to cross into canada, besides your passport. what other paperwork is required?

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Like most questions asked on this board there isn't an easy answer.
It depends on circumstances.
Paperwork?
Will you be leased to a carrier?
Is the carrier FAST approved?
Will or are you be FAST approved?

The carrier, if you are leased to one, will provide you with PARS barcode stickers that you must affix to the Customs invoices prepared by the shipper. You must then fax those to the correct Customs Broker at the correct port where you will be crossing. You must send these a MINIMUM 2 and a half hours before you arrive at Customs.

That is the basic procedure.
Is that the information you were looking for?

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Its harder to get back in, than to leave. check with your carrier.

"He`s the man who never rturned"...(Kingston Trio)

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
What would they do to a person that didn't have the $10.75

Yesterday you'd probably have had to was dishes. There was a BBQ running at the end of the building so I pulled up to the booth and asked if this was where I placed my order? Inside when the door opened you could see enough food to fee an army. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken, chips, potato salad, chips, did, and at last 3 different cakes. Of course you had to be wearing blue to get any of it. :(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have not been asked for the $10.75 in ages. I hand them my Ace manifest, they look at a computer screen and say "Have a nice" and wave me on. I must be cool. Hey Redytrk, 'Eh to Charlie?" Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have not been asked for the $10.75 in ages. I hand them my Ace manifest, they look at a computer screen and say "Have a nice" and wave me on. I must be cool. Hey Redytrk, 'Eh to Charlie?" Layoutshooter

your security ranking must come up on their computers and your getting a bye...they have you flagged for a free ride...*L*

P51bombay

Expert Expediter

Did you knock on wood when you said that? Of course now that you've said that..........

Most likely down to laziness on their part, some just can't be bothered. We had a rental for about 6 weeks that crossed daily and only got charged maybe a half dozen times.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That must be it OVM, that will change soon then. I did knock on wood, I tapped myself up-side the head! Layoutshooter