What would you do?

routejumper

Seasoned Expediter
You hear glowing praise about a small fleet owner from very trusted sourrces, with documents to prove it. You join the fleet. The carrier the small fleet owner is signed on with starts delaying $ thousands in pay. You believe in the owner and the carrier. Things don't get better, for months.
Question: Would you expect the owner to pay you for your work even if the carrier has not paid him?

aileron

Expert Expediter
I would expect the owner to pay you on time for the work you do. If he doesn't get paid from the carrier, he should take it with them.

ds1450

Expert Expediter
LEAVE. You would have be nuts to stay. I had one payroll problem in 5 years. Only one. I hope word got around. I got my money and left. There are too many other good owners out there... and Waaay too many bad ones.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
If the fleet owner is the one who pays you, that is who I'd be looking at. My situation is basically the same as yours. I lease to an owner and have no contract with any of the carriers I haul for. My owner handles all the billing and paper work. He is the one who takes a percentage of the load for doing this. So, yea, I would be after him.