What is going on in Atlanta?

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Any time I come to Atlanta ,I will be stuck here ,one time it was for a week ! Thanks god I have house here, but anyways ,loads are flying dirt cheap off the board and even cheap is hard to get to just leave to other location .Driving cargo van .Anyone has answer ?

guido4475

Not a Member
Any time I come to Atlanta ,I will be stuck here ,one time it was for a week ! Thanks god I have house here, but anyways ,loads are flying dirt cheap off the board and even cheap is hard to get to just leave to other location .Driving cargo van .Anyone has answer ?

Cheap no name underinsured poorly maintained multicarriers bidding lower than anyone can turn the key for.

That'd be my first guess.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

.... and which companies do you work for? The issue is, if all you have to compete with is price .. it's a race to the bottom.

Reactions: ntimevan

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I looked up on Sylectus today and they had over 400 vehicles within 50 miles radius in Atlanta today; (I admit that some vans are counted twice or more due to multicarrier arrangement) but it’s still too many vans. I was able to get one to NM; lucky me, I guess.

Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I looked up on Sylectus today and they had over 400 vehicles within 50 miles radius in Atlanta today; (I admit that some vans are counted twice or more due to multicarrier arrangement) but it’s still too many vans. I was able to get one to NM; lucky me, I guess.

Lucky? Depends on how you look at it ...
What's the rate?

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver

What's the rate?

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
People were bidding 55 c/m and didn't get a load ,that's what I heard .I'm sure not coming to Atl in near future )) Working for small carrier based in Chicago and usually have no problem getting shipments

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
Here, I'll help you out ...
Based on your annual numbers your vans are running at more than 20% off the mark. In your mind you make up for it by running them 40-50% harder. In my mind, there's nothing impressive about leaving that much money on the table. Same freight, same miles ... mind boggling.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
People were bidding 55 c/m and didn't get a load ,that's what I heard .I'm sure not coming to Atl in near future )) Working for small carrier based in Chicago and usually have no problem getting shipments

You need to try not to listen to the mob. It matters which carrier you work for. Crap carrier, crap rates .... good carrier, good rates ... great carrier, great rates.
If you're a husband and wife team, smarten up & get with a great carrier. Unless you're pot heads & can't pass a drug test.

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver

You need to try not to listen to the mob. It matters which carrier you work for. Crap carrier, crap rates .... good carrier, good rates ... great carrier, great rates.
If you're a husband and wife team, smarten up & get with a great carrier. Unless you're pot heads & can't pass a drug test.

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
What is considered good carrier and great carrier ? And no ,we are not pot heads )))

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
What is considered good carrier and great carrier ? And no ,we are not pot heads )))

Do some research on this site ... lots of information. Make calls, lots of 'em.

Who are you with now?
https://www.expeditersonline.com/jobs/trucking/companies/
All I ever hear about XPO , Panther ,Load1 is a lot of sitting time, so I'm sure who is great carrier )

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Do some research on this site ... lots of information. Make calls, lots of 'em.

Who are you with now?
https://www.expeditersonline.com/jobs/trucking/companies/
All I ever hear about XPO , Panther ,Load1 is a lot of sitting time, so I'm sure who is great carrier )

Seriously ... you sat for a week in Atlanta. Sitting is defiantly part of expediting but stop listening to gossip and do your homework.

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
Based on your annual numbers your vans are running at more than 20% off the mark. In your mind you make up for it by running them 40-50% harder. In my mind, there's nothing impressive about leaving that much money on the table. Same freight, same miles ... mind boggling.
I’ve picked the load from Sylectus myself, Atlanta to NM, 1400 miles for $1,500 it was XPO load for a Small ST, 1200 lbs.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's the rate?

Van2017 ..
I’ve picked the load from Sylectus myself, Atlanta to NM, 1400 miles for $1,500 it was XPO load for a Small ST.

What city in NM? Farmington?