What is all the talk about fedex ?

fedexhatch

Seasoned Expediter
can anyone explain all the talk about Fedex and them doing less freight? or that they are looking at getting out of cc? what's this all about?:confused:

moose

Veteran Expediter
They got out of Cars hauling .
they classified their ground contractors as Employees .
they mandate Elogs on their CC contractors .

many over here have BIG investment into doing business with them ,only natural to sound a voice .wondering what will happened next .
no news as of yet ,or maybe that dog wont bite .

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What talk?

This is all normal.

The cheerleaders say there is nothing wrong and those who have escaped the purple haze say there is.

Now many of them are seeing sub-standard offers hit their newly installed automated "Brazil" style dispatch system and seem to be upset at all these changes.

Are they getting out of expediting?

Not a chance, however they may be realigning their internal divisions and groups a bit to hedge the floundering economy and CC contractors could be seeing the overflow of National LTL/Freight/Ground work hitting them as offers.

But outside of that, it is a good company for those who know where the opportunities are.

Actually Moose, they did not get out of the car hauling business, they have dumped the brand they bought but just a week ago and a few other times I say the new trailers being hauled by CC tractors.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't understand ,what the difference ?

They spun off the car hauler group which was another brand with some of the contractors along with it but have their own trailers and they haul cars too, I saw two of them at Meadow Brook.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Not a chance, however they may be realigning their internal divisions and groups a bit to hedge the floundering economy and CC contractors could be seeing the overflow of National LTL/Freight/Ground work hitting them as offers.

You might be right Greg. This may be a result of integration.
From all the complaining I've been reading about here lately regarding their lowball offers with lots of time for pickup and way too much time for delivery, then this is obviously not expedite freight. So what I don't understand is, if it's LTL, don't the dispatchers at the Fed try and at least double up the loads wherever possible to make it feasible for the contractors, or is that just asking too much?
Or is it a case of Fedex selling exclusive use of the truck even if it's non-expedite at these lowball rates?

Whatever the source, it's obvious there is a lot of non expedite freight wether it's LTL or just exclusive use being pushed through FECC right now. Obvious due to the fact that the same load offers are being resent to the same trucks hours later. In many cases after a shift change at dispatch.