What do you listen to on sattelite radio?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
A recent question on staying awake made me realize, once again, how valuable my Sirrius is. Curious as to how many of you also rely on that gem of an invention to carry them through 11 hours a day.

My wife originally got Sirrius for me when I kept whining that they wanted $40/year to listen to football on the computer. However, it showed its real value when I put it in my truck.

Mike Church is my favorite, as I'm a "South Park Conservative" as he likes to call us. He's on from 6-10pm on Sirrius Right.

I'd like to hear from others.

T-hawk

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
I've had Sirius since returning from my first OTR run last October...22K load of roofing material going to VA via the PA Tpk. Between steering, up/downshifting, dodging deer, 4wheelers and highly illuminated owner operators I had no way of finding a radio station.

Sirius got the nod over XM as they have the NFL and will soon have Howard Stern. (NASCAR coming in '07)

The blues, classic rock, jazz, classical, swing, reggae, R&B all get air time while I'm running. I really can't get into political talk radio too much as both the left and the right are too strident in their respective rants. I do miss the Al Franken Show since Air America left a month or so ago.

If you don't have SatRad mow, you'll be kicking yourself for waiting when you do get it! It is THE GREAT ACCESSORY for running OTR!!

Rex

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
XM since Nov 2001

Pioneer for the cab.
Roady 2 for the sleeper.

Ch 10 America,122 CNN,133 XMPR,and of course MLB (Cincinnati Reds)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have both XM and Sirius. I listen to the old time radio shows a lot. I like the westerns and detectives and a little of the other stuff. I also like Dave Ramsey and Bruce Williams. Sometimes I listen to Michael Medved or Sean Hannity. Motorsports are also good. I'd give anything if they hadn't bought the ridiculously too expensive Howard Stern and Marth Stewart and left the rates lower though. I really don't want to hear gutter trash or advice on how to decorate the gutter either one.

Leo
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
Hey, Leo,

Just because Howard Stern is coming to Sirius doesn't mean you HAVE to tune in. That's one of the cool things about our Constitution, the 1st Amendment allows us to speak (or listen) freely.

As to Martha Stewart, she might have an idea or two for some really cute chintz curtains for sleeper windows....will probably be a "must listen" show.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to put on my tin foil lined fedora and tune in an AM Clear Channel, the Art Bell show is coming on soon.

Rex

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
XM171, also oldtime radio,and NASCAR. When I'm tired 60s music to keep me rockin.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I have XM since the start. I listen to conservative talk, 205 and NASCAR. Music I listen too includes: Blues, Top Tracks and ROCK of all sorts. I also listen to comedy while in traffic. It calms me down and betters my mood keeping me from rear ending idiots.

Raceman
OTR O/O

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I started with XM when they first started their service, but changed to Sirius to get National Public Radio and PRI talk shows. I am glad that Sirius will get NASCAR because that was a channel I liked when I had XM; The Sirius Speedway channel is pretty bad.

The Discovery channel has some interesting topics.

I like the soft and easy music channels, the Standards, and the old country. Mike

catfish

Expert Expediter
xm10 "america" classic country, especially nrray's shows "the woodshed" and "outlaw america"
xm12 "xcountry" when they get on a texas music kick
xm13 "hank's place" the honky-tonk channel
and of course, "open road", though dave nemo played a lot more music when he was on am radio. it is unfortunately more a talk format nowadays. bill mack still plays a fair amount of music though.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't plan to listen to them and don't care if they are on or not. What I do care about is the "coincidental" increase in monthly premium from $9.95 to $12.95 at the same time Stern was brought on. I don't want to pay extra for trash talk.

Leo
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

shade_tree

Expert Expediter
i bought an xm and listen to all of the rock channels, opie and anthony are funny on 202. the comedy channels are good but get old sometimes. extreme xm is a good talk channel but its not very extreme.
one thing that makes me mad about xm is they used to have a metal channel (i like my metal) but they did away with it and added a sports channel. so im switching to sirius as soon as my subscription runs out on xm. both xm and sirius had price increases because they give you the online music too with your subscription. that used to be extra but now they charge more and give it to you with the subscription.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Love my XM. Can't drive without it. Fox & Friends from 6 to 9. Glen Beck from 9 til noon. If I can't find Rush on AM, it's Laura Ingraham from noon to 3. Then, music until Brit Hume on Fox at 6 PM. I listen to Fox until Greta comes on, then, back to music.

My music? 11 and 16 for country. 41, The Boneyard for my heavy metal. 46 Top Tracks for my classic rock. 50, The Loft for easy Alternative. 76 for eclectic.

And I just love listening to Old Time Radio on 164. The Shadow. The Lone Ranger. Hoppalong Cassidy. They are just great at 3 AM driving down a lonely highway.

I wish XM had football. But, I'm not going to change to Sirius just for the football. Maybe XM will add it on some day.

Thanks for asking.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
How do you listen to Nascar? Wow I better keep my comment to myself there football nut. Only Joe can switch from one to the other without questioning that one, but should have stayed put.

I am still without Satelite everytime I get a couple of hundred in this radio account something else seems to be more important (Daughter needs a new computer).

I would love to get the baseball games, which service would I need? Art Bell is one of the best talk show hosts ever. Sundays are usually somewhere without a load, so I choose to watch the games even if that means checking into a Motel. TV can either be great or no reception at all depending on what is parked next to me.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
XM 171 Dave Nemo,165 Ask especially in the middle of the night with Art Bell and George Norry,13 Hanks honky tonk,Bill Mack gospel on Sunday afternoon, 50's music,CNN/Fox,152 Extreme from 4-7 and Phil Hendrie from 7-10 PM .

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Well if im trying to stay awake I listen to electronic/dance
crank it up and try to make up words to go along with it.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
>KW Express
>o/o till i die
>
>
>Well if im trying to stay awake I listen to electronic/dance
>crank it up and try to make up words to go along with it.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex

G

Fox News makes great background noise.

For Sirius subscribers there is a lifetime subscription for $450. I'm thinking about doing it.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
>
>For Sirius subscribers there is a lifetime subscription for
>$450. I'm thinking about doing it.

Check the fine print....I believe the lifetime they refer to is the lifetime of the SatRad unit you register for the service, not your personal lifetime.

Rex