What are the things you do to increase your chance of getting a load offer?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I made notes of where I was when I received a load offer. Not every area of a Metropolitan area is equal. I found that areas around an International airport or a large industrial park/area performed better than other areas. Even if the other areas had more comfortable amenities like a truck stop with showers.

Reactions: Ftransit

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are no limitations allowed when you are behind the desk, eh? :)
John..you are a salesperson now....you try and sell your companies best attributes to potential recruits. You sell them a dream, you sell them a potential career with your company, highlighting the best values of why they should chose you, over other carriers....Its your job....which it appears you do well....I highly respect your position....its a tough job to sell this screwed up business...

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Ken (VanMan) - it's a tough job for all of us - for sure. I really appreciate what drivers do because I could never be away from home as long as most of you are. I commented with no limitations because that's what it takes to really succeed as an owner operator for sure, or at least to increase earnings.

I always love reading your signature line for the money saved in cigarettes. In a couple of weeks I will hit the 5 year mark since I had a cigarette. I thank the Big Guy above every day for helping me quit. I am proud of you for quitting too.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken (VanMan) - it's a tough job for all of us - for sure. I really appreciate what drivers do because I could never be away from home as long as most of you are. I commented with no limitations because that's what it takes to really succeed as an owner operator for sure, or at least to increase earnings.

I always love reading your signature line for the money saved in cigarettes. In a couple of weeks I will hit the 5 year mark since I had a cigarette. I thank the Big Guy above every day for helping me quit. I am proud of you for quitting too.
I tend to agree..limitations can get in the way of earnings....with experience these "limitations" can be modified with the right $$$$...not every load is a good load....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It certainly has. Bid board load volume was down last year on the major boards. Not sure it will rebound in 2016. Harder and harder for carriers without a direct customer base. Well heck harder for everyone I guess. All a matter of how hard for some or how low someone will go.

Last edited: