What are the things you do to increase your chance of getting a load offer?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We all know at the end of the day, it can be hit or miss but when you do this ____________ it increases your odds.

Reactions: Mailer

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Start with best vehicle:
Max length, width, height, and weight. Add hazmat if able.
If signed on w/company learn their areas and keep updated. Ask others with that company. Keep an open mind. East of the Mississippi and near main highways. Break out a atlas if needed and locate near large cities.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Answer the phone, don't call them back after five minutes pretending that you were sleeping, you didn't hear the phone or you didn't have signal in that area. It'll be too late and beside that, it'll be a negative image for you...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Answering the phone or satellite is a lot bigger than people realize. You would be amazed how many loads are lost too..."sorry was on vibrate, or ringer turned down". Maximizing the vehicle is big. Other key factor are endorsements, like Hazmat or TWIC. The ability of the driver and/or carrier to go to Canada are also a factor.

bigdogg

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Everything above, especially getting sleep while still in service. The only time I come out of service is to go home or stay a night in a hotel and do my check book and laundry. I also write down my favorite spots where I get loads and my wife has them marked down on a map at home, then if I am near that area, I will deadhead there knowing I can get a load out most likely. When I went home for Christmas, I had pizzas sent to my carrier for helping me get the needed miles to be home with my wife, which they all responded graciously. It made me feel good, but also let them know how much I appreciated their effort. It does not take more effort to be nice. I am back in service as of today, but still in Florida. I will give it a couple of days, then move up around Birmingham on Sunday if no loads out of here. You all stay safe out there.

Reactions: Ftransit