what are the average per mile rates for LandStar Express America?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Google New Haven Equipment, like I told you yesterday. Bensenville Illinois I believe.
You can get everything there. Pick stuff off website. If you don’t have pallet jack first week, OK.
After you start figuring what works for you you can order custom stuff from Lodi Metals and they’ll ups to your house.
Google them too.
Good Luck.
You don’t need stuff for orientation. You just need it before your first load.
Others at orientation can help you figure things out.

Reactions: HaulTow and Greg

HaulTow

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
awesome you guys have been a great help. Sorry for the long thread. Appreciate the info!

Mdclove73

Not a Member
What are the average rates after fuel and deadhead miles for O/O working for LandStars Express America? I have been hauling double rv trailers for the past 4 years and i averaged $1.34 per mile after deadhead miles. I assume i am "upgrading" my career but i want to make sure. I go to orientation next week, but again maybe I should build another RV hauler if the grass is not greener on the other side. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Mdclove73

Not a Member
I worked with LEAM for 5 years, currently in load one their is no.comparison Landstar Express America is the model you want why more freedom more flexibility on rates(negotiate rates within reason) no penalties on run refusal in 5 years i never.found an agent that held a.load refusal against you Landstar agents are.very professional a few bad apples here and their but most are great people. I miss the BCO advisors over at LEAM including Don Van De Lear, Natasha, Jerry, and even Micheal Wright. Canned by safety for a year cant wait to go back killing time in Load One. Landstar is the company you want.to sign up with once.you build your agent list you.will make a killing.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A few possibilities
1 He didn’t go.
2 He went, and is consumed with finding his first load.
3 He is so busy hauling freight that he is too busy for EO.

Let’s hope it’s # 3.

Reactions: Ragman

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know people over there.

That’s why I said FedEx would have been a better fit. A training company.

I thought LS only hired experienced people.
I guess he convinced them he was experienced enough.

Didn’t think of it, or I would have recommended their HotShot division. Similar to what he had been doing.

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I worked with LEAM for 5 years, currently in load one their is no.comparison Landstar Express America is the model you want why more freedom more flexibility on rates(negotiate rates within reason) no penalties on run refusal in 5 years i never.found an agent that held a.load refusal against you Landstar agents are.very professional a few bad apples here and their but most are great people. I miss the BCO advisors over at LEAM including Don Van De Lear, Natasha, Jerry, and even Micheal Wright. Canned by safety for a year cant wait to go back killing time in Load One. Landstar is the company you want.to sign up with once.you build your agent list you.will make a killing.

I will reserve comment on this genius...

Reactions: Steady Eddie

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I will reserve PUBLICALLY commentating on this genius...

Fixed it for you

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A few possibilities
1 He didn’t go.
2 He went, and is consumed with finding his first load.
3 He is so busy hauling freight that he is too busy for EO.

Let’s hope it’s # 3.
I got a message, I just seen, from Wednesday that said he got thru orientation and was getting ready to pull his first load.

Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like after you talk to someone for a week or so, is it kinda like after a first date ?
You wonder if she’ll ever call again?

Reactions: ucfd608

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
That's what my wife said to me after our first, i was shy back then, but I finally got up the nerve to convince her for a second. That was 37 yrs ago.
Great info on LEA. My dear wife has decided to take a year off, maybe more, and she well deserves it after 11 yrs out here with Panther and me, so str8 truck solo I go. My contract rate has been slammed back down due to going back to solo and loosing government team loads, so it feels like a let down, although the negotiated bonuses and certain dispatch personnel that we have built relationships with over the years really helps out.
Anyway, after reading the thread, my concern is my single axle, no liftgate truck may not stay busy enough or be a good fit for LEA. I do have hazmat and gov't clearance. We don't need a lot to get by anymore with the truck paid for. I know I could probably increase my rate per mile, but are there enough loads out there 10,000 lb.s and under and no liftgate to stay busy with LEA?
Livin Life Thru the Windsheild

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That's what my wife said to me after our first, i was shy back then, but I finally got up the nerve to convince her for a second. That was 37 yrs ago.
Great info on LEA. My dear wife has decided to take a year off, maybe more, and she well deserves it after 11 yrs out here with Panther and me, so str8 truck solo I go. My contract rate has been slammed back down due to going back to solo and loosing government team loads, so it feels like a let down, although the negotiated bonuses and certain dispatch personnel that we have built relationships with over the years really helps out.
Anyway, after reading the thread, my concern is my single axle, no liftgate truck may not stay busy enough or be a good fit for LEA. I do have hazmat and gov't clearance. We don't need a lot to get by anymore with the truck paid for. I know I could probably increase my rate per mile, but are there enough loads out there 10,000 lb.s and under and no liftgate to stay busy with LEA?

We have plenty

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RETIDEPXE

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my experience here at LEAM, You can do well with a single axle straight at LEAM, but with a liftgate you can do much, much better. I've done both and prefer the liftgate loads.

Reactions: TeamHutch

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my experience here at LEAM, You can do well with a single axle straight at LEAM, but with a liftgate you can do much, much better. I've done both and prefer the liftgate loads.
Yeah especially with an extra $250 upcharge for the lift gate. I know some carriers may charge their customers for this service but do they actually send 100% of the charge to the driver. In my book the carrier should get none of this charge.