what about HINO

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
ok i looked all over the web & i come to the view that the wonderful
HINO TRUCK is just not included in chrome shop accessiorty i am looking to replace my boring white hino bumper with a nice sparkling chrome one but it just looks like unless you go to dealer & pay the hino ouch price one could say your S.O.L .. rang chromeshop mafia , fishers in terra haute , looked on the web the big names are there freightliner,pete,s kenworth mack etc etc is little sweet HINO nope .. come on aftermarket wow there is a lot of hino out here & chromeshops think of the $$$$$ that you could be making if you started getting in bumpers and other chrome items for the hino truck if anyone knows a aftermarket for replacing a bumper with a chrome bumper let me know but believe me i have looked & there is nil
wombat

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Hino is just not a demand for chrome. Try calling the plant in williamstown wv and see about buying one direct.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A buddy just had a S/S bumper custom built in Pa. I'll try to pm you some info by Tue. He has a W900, no guarantee the guy will do a Hino,but we'll find out.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Just go to your HINO dealer of choice & order one,
HINO have an EOM chrome bumper with 4" extension & only one tow hook that looks great.
go to : Hino Trucks / Media and PR
& click on the black flatbed in the middle to download the PDF.
there's a very good dealer in Greenville ,I.L, just to the south of I-70.(they do all kinds of tow trucks).

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Next time you take a weeek off take your current bumper to a local chrome shop, and have it done.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I reread your post.
Your problem isn't that you can't find a shiny bumper. Your problem is finding a bumper at the price you want to pay.
My friend went to the following shop and they built him a beautiful S/S bumper. Show quality. Hidden bolts. Holders for flags(o d loads) descreetly hidden. Recessed license plate,open in back and hinged to act as step to open massive W/900 hood.
Martins Welding & Fab
Martins burg, Pa ( Altoona Area)
814-793-3353
They build boxes,bodies,whatever.
This may not help unless Hino is very expensive and/ or you want a truly "one of a kind"
As a former Pete owner I can tell you: Class ain't cheap.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ive found that its hard to find real good, high nickle chrome that will hold up to wear and tear and not pit or yellow in a couple years . We can thank the E.P.A. and thier tree hugging friends for that.
I talked to a shop abbout powdercoating some wheels and other parts as an alternate to chrome there are metalic coatings that look like chrome just cheaper and more durable also it could be collored with the chrome shine kinda like a candy paint job over chrome. Not cheap but it will last longer.

Last edited: