Westboro Church

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Today it was announced that the Westboro Baptis Church that likes to disrupt military funerals lost a court case and was fined $11 million. The Father of a Marine that was killed successfully sued those ##### and won for emotional distress and invasion of privavcy.
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If there's a group any more deserving of the penalty than Westboro I don't know who it could be. They are disgusting.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I hate that this a church. Most churches are praying for the soliders and wouldn't do something like this. I guess there has to be a bad apple in every bunch.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
>I hate that this a church. Most churches are praying for the
>soliders and wouldn't do something like this. I guess there
>has to be a bad apple in every bunch.

Not a church as you and I would describe. Anyone can call themselves anything....doesn't make it so. Just because I go stand in the garage..doesn't make me a car!

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
Diesieldiva could not have put it any better these people are flat out idiots and if they are or believe they are cristians well maybe i need to change my life i had planned on saying alot of things on this subject but the more i thought about it the more irate i got so that is all

greg334

Veteran Expediter
As much as I hate (yes my feelings are that strong) this church, I question why are they even still recognized as a church, the IRS should pull their recognition as a church which means that everything is now taxable and if it is done before the end of the year is retoactive for the year - the IRS will not accept bankruptcy as I am afraid they will hide behind.

I think that they have a legal obligation to provide all financial information but from what I heard that they didn't disclose much about their assets and liabilities in court.

Also the church was sued, I think each individual who was there that day should also been sued on a personal level to really make it hurt - these are the worst people this country has ever produced.