We're finally here!

catshavestaff

Seasoned Expediter
Hello, all,

Perhaps you remember me, I posted sometime back in October seeking information regarding getting into expediting. My husband was in Afghanistan at the time, and we were looking for a way for him to come home, and for us to spend more time together.

We got our CDL's about a month ago, and now drive a 22' straight truck with two big black kitties on the side. We're currently under load from Brantford, ON to Santa Teresa, NM, our second load to date.

Needless to say, this is a little stressful to start out, but we know we're at the bottom of the learning curve and will work our way up gradually.

Our thanks go out to all the experienced drivers who post here to help us noobs, and to all the other noobs who are brave enough to ask for help and info.

We're keepin' 'em on the road..

Wayne and Chrissie

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Of course we remember you - who could forget such a unique username? :) Glad you're doin well so far, just keep it up, and keep the shiny side up, and all the kitties will be happy. :)

are12

Expert Expediter
Welcome aboard!! Hope you and the hubby enjoy working with us. We have been with Panther 3 years this month and, for the most part, have enjoyed it.

If we can be of any help, let us know.

By the way, great run!!

catshavestaff

Seasoned Expediter
Our feet are definitely wet, now. Canadian snow and slush aside, we've run into and out of Canada, down to El Paso, had a great load cancel out from under us, and dry run 286 miles round trip for a load the shipper "forgot" to cancel. And made our first paycheck.

Sleeping head to foot on a small sleeper berth bunk has it's downsides:+ , and we brought waaaaaay too much stuff. We're still trying to make practical sense of the HOS. The Big Cats have us on paperless logging, which takes the paperwork out of the mix, but we still have to strategize our drive times.

Wal-mart is our best friend, and we've used so many of the tips we've found here, and it's only been 9 days. You guys are great!

Thanks for making us welcome,

The Stewarts