weekend service

29GHOST

Rookie Expediter
I want to get others point of view on the extra charge for providing weekend service. I understand we make a little more money with the charge however, I think having are trucks rolling through the weekend would make us more. If Fed Ex did not charge the weekend rate do you think more loads would move on the weekend.

29GHOST

Rookie Expediter
Okay you guys have a point i did not think about that. I was just thinking the added cost may have a impact whether or not shippers would use us on the weekends .

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I'm glad Fedex finally added more money to weekend loads. Why give away that premium service, when other carriers are closed. The previous comments are right, not many loads move on the weekend to begin with.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Id like to be home too but I stay out to do what I must needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one.

That is the same reason we don't stay home. We are not out here because it's fun. It's business, our income, nothing more. If it can be replaced, we will be out of that business.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
That is the same reason we don't stay home. We are not out here because it's fun. It's business, our income, nothing more. If it can be replaced, we will be out of that business.

Still looking at those properties? We stay out for the same reason. It's income. It helps not having a wife or kids and having a goal in mind to achieve.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Still looking at those properties? We stay out for the same reason. It's income. It helps not having a wife or kids and having a goal in mind to achieve.

Not looking a property right now. I could not find anything I thought had enough return on investment. We are keeping that option open. We are exploring some other opportunities. Nothing, except for trucking, is off the table at this point. Out greatest enemy is our age. This would be simple if we were 40 years younger.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Now lets set the Record straight, . The Great American Freedom its up to that Individual, on how much they can or choose to make. . Its said Wolves run in packs and they Eat Sheep alive. Saying that When the a Tiger steps into the Wolfs Den the Pack of Wolfs including the leader become Lunch. Fighting for individual rights Regan made this speech about the Soviets and Communist. In our endeavors lead us not to the Wolfs Den as helpless sheep meal. Instead hold our fortitude high Through Strength and Honor We the Tiger will walk into the Wolf Den. we will prevail. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202842147799402&set=vb.1372724079&type=3

Last edited: