We mourn the passing of a beloved old friend

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:-Knowing when to come in out of the rain; -Why the early bird gets the worm;-Life isn't always fair; -And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies, don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge. His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intend but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, I’m A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on....

clcooper

Expert Expediter
i remember Common Sense,and i think of Common Sense, alot .
his parents, Truth and Trust, are not doing so well today either . soon they will be gone

his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason.
i think they died shortly after him . in a car accident . because Common Sense,did all the driveing before .

and for his 4 stepbrothers; i have known them but i didnt like them . but i see them alot today when i go out

Last edited:

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
And this is a general trucking topic HOW ???? This belongs in the layover lounge or wherever you put the FWD emails

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
And this is a general trucking topic HOW ???? This belongs in the layover lounge or wherever you put the FWD emails

Pick, pick, pick..... Why not enjoy the post instead of applying for moderator???

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

I posted it here for a reason if that is okay with you? It says a lot to where this world has gone. Are you one of his stepbrothers?

Last edited:

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
Pick, pick, pick..... Why not enjoy the post instead of applying for moderator???

I did enjoy it... 5 yeas ago when it was first forwarded to me. As a former admin one would think you would see the validity in it being posted in the proper place. Just sayin....

I post it here for a reason if that is okay with you? It says a lot to where this world has gone. Are you one of his stepbrothers?

Nope not a stepbrother... Just doing my "due dillagence" as a member. It would be easy for newbies to see this kind of post in the general TRUCKING forum and figure that it is OK to post more of the same here instead of where "Common Sense" should have dirrected you (as a seasoned member) to post it.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I did enjoy it... 5 yeas ago when it was first forwarded to me. As a former admin one would think you would see the validity in it being posted in the proper place. Just sayin...

As a former admin I also recognize nit picking when I see it. How did the placement of this post upset your otherwise wonderful day in your man cave?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
And also, no attribution. I don't believe Bruno is the author.

I'm not, never said I was. It does say at the bottom to pass it on. That should have been the 1st clue that it was sent to me in a e-mail. :)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I did enjoy it... 5 yeas ago when it was first forwarded to me. As a former admin one would think you would see the validity in it being posted in the proper place. Just sayin....

Nope not a stepbrother... Just doing my "due dillagence" as a member. It would be easy for newbies to see this kind of post in the general TRUCKING forum and figure that it is OK to post more of the same here instead of where "Common Sense" should have dirrected you (as a seasoned member) to post it.

It's doesn't say you can't post things in the GENERAL FORUM. That is why EO has mods. If they felt the need to move it they would have. To say that someone doesn't have "Common Sense" when you really need to learn what the word General means. Here is what Webster says.

Definition of GENERAL

: involving, applicable to, or affecting the whole
: involving, relating to, or applicable to every member of a class, kind, or group <the general equation of a straight line>
: not confined by specialization or careful limitation
: belonging to the common nature of a group of like individuals : generic
a : applicable to or characteristic of the majority of individuals involved : prevalent
b : concerned or dealing with universal rather than particular aspects
: relating to, determined by, or concerned with main elements rather than limited details <bearing a general resemblance to the original>
: holding superior rank or taking precedence over others similarly titled <the general manager>