Water Leak

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a T 300 KW with a benz sleeper.woke up this morning with about a inch of rain on the floor...its leaking between the sleeper and cab at the top. I know I could replace that gasket but would like to know if anybody knows of something I could try sealing it with first.any ideals would be helpful..

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
I had the same problem, a lot of pin holes in the seal. If that is what it is go to Home Depot and look for Crack Be Gone it is a rubber spray for patching cracks in dry wall. I used it about 9 month ago and no leaks. As for the hole in the top conner that is about 1 inch long, I'm going to try some RV Cool Seal it is the white rubber coating that you put on camper roofs.

koolseal.com: Elastomeric Roof Coatings

I have seen it at Lowes

greg334

Veteran Expediter
rollingthunder posted this link in another thread. (Sorry Maybe, I didn't see your post)

koolseal.com: Elastomeric Roof Coatings

He said you can get it at lowes but camper world has it. The lowes I went to today didn't have it.

I too have the leak issue, I am putting in proper drains and using that koolseal stuff. The aluminum channel at the seal is where my water is entering with the 'seal leak'. The sealant used at the ends of the channel are poorly applied and leak, so the water drips onto the floor. The seal actually does not leak by the way, the cheap steel finger stock used to hold the seal onto the metal is the problem, maybe good for some applications, but a truck should use a two peice gasket mount.

You may have to pull the panels off, clean behind them and reinsulate the thing to prevent black mold from growing under the panels.

Bentz played too many games when I wanted to buy a seal and after seeing the quality they put into this box, I am surprised that they can sell this junk. I am not just disappoited but p*ssed at what I found. It is not just me, I know another who could not figure out what was going on with his electrical and I helped him for two days pulling the thing all apart and rebuilding the electrical, he was also p*ssed at the poor workmanship.

Last edited:

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the replys, and the link....took a closer look today and its not a pin hole leak but about a 4 inch tear......guess I will try some kind of tape and then use a sealant on it.