Watch Out Panther Fleet Drivers

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Sorry but I gotta ask:
What do ya mean by rent,,Are some using his trucks to live in instead of working the trucks like they where meant to be??:confused:

If thats the case,it may not be a bad source of income for the truck:D

chrisv

Seasoned Expediter
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Panther has a process in place to deal with situations like this. We are proactive in working these issues out in a timely manner. Please feel free to call me anytime to discuss your particular problem and we will resolve it.

Thanks!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Chris,
Thanks for replying to this.. good to hear you are willing to investigate. From what we've seen, most companies dont get involved in fleet owner/driver issues, and we've seen horror stories from both sides.

Dale

mamaduck

Seasoned Expediter
I am talking about Cargo Van and Sprinter both that I drove getting .80 and .85 per mile but the owner was only giving 60% of .77 per mile saying that the rest of the money was going for rent didn't find this out until later about rent. I am still owed tolls fuel and pay from my last owner

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You did have a contract with the owner right? What did it spell out for pay? There are bad owners and bad drivers and almost two sides to every story.

mamaduck

Seasoned Expediter
If You are a "favorite" owner at Pather they don't give a care about your drivers it is a I'll scratch your back if you will scratch mine and s**t on the drivers

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was a huge mistake, the owner basically owes you nothing because you have no way to prove your agreement. Never ever drive someones vehicle without everything spelled out in a contract.

mamaduck

Seasoned Expediter
Well I will NOT get into this one with you on here but they are favorites of Panthers etc I had contracts with all but the last one because she was on vacation half way around the world then stole the van from my driveway 3 weeks later and never paid me

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You had no contract Panther has no basis to get involved. You also say the last owner paid you nothing after three weeks but earlier you said you were only owed fuel and tolls? Personally I had two owners at Panther both great and paid what the contract spelled out. Like I said earlier there is usually two sides to every story. Sorry for your bad luck but if you have bad luck with repeated owners it does make one wonder.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Sorry, but I cannot but put my input on this situation.

First and foremost, never drive for somebody without a contract (the only exception to this - you are a company driver). The vehicle owner can claim the agreement was anything and you have no recourse (legal or otherwise).

I would suggest that you learn from this and move on. Find another fleet owner and the first question you should ask - do you have a contract? If the answer is no - say thanks have a nice day and hang up.

Like the previous poster, we have had 2 fleet owners while with panther and we have had contracts and we have had no problems getting paid as agreed.

I will also not get into the argument with you about favorite fleet owners at Panther - you offer no proof. Saying that they will not do anything to help you is not proof. Since you have no tangible written evidence to substatiate your statements about the agreements.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For anyone and everyone who reads this thread, you MUST have a written contract with anyone you drive for. Also, it is unfair to identify this with Panther. There are bad owners everywhere and it can just as easily happen with company X/Y/Z/1/2/3. That is why you must have a written contract.

chrisv

Seasoned Expediter
Mamaduck,

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Without a contract, it can be difficult to determine the cause for any variance in pay. Please contact Panther directly for further assistance.

Thanks!

fortwayne

Not a Member
I agree - this should have never been tossed out there 'trashing' Panther. Heck, I worked with them, had some problems and some good things, worked for other companies on here to and the same goes for them - that is the way this and most industries are.

However, if you started working for someone, driving in this case, without a contract that is your fault your mistake and anything that happens to you - well, you are to blame.

Sorry if that is cold - BUT IT IS THE FACT!

I am a company driver and I have everything in writing that I am suppose to be paid for, not be paid for, etc etc.....and ALL drivers should have the same thing. It protect you and the owner of the truck - and in my case it protects me and the company.

LEARN - admit your error, learn from it. It doesn't pay the bills, but, sitting on here blaming others for the biggest mistake (no contract) and not getting paid isn't paying the bills either.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Typical 'he said she said ' story. Why do you involve Panther in your story? It is not Panther's fault that you were so naive . How can you work for somebody without any signed paper???It was your fault to...

Last edited: