Was His Death A Wake-Up Call?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't see the moral of the story, I see someone who didn't seem to want to get the problem solved.

Many many dentists will do extractions and fix problems for a patient who has little or no money by working with the patient, they do not work under the same system as medical doctors work under and have latitude to run their practice as they see fit.

Many urban areas have dentists who also work for nothing, really for nothing to ensure that people get some sort of care.

I applied for hospital financial aid and state aid...no problem...
Really OVM, you admit to paying no taxes and now sponging off of the tax payer -- seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't see the moral of the story, I see someone who didn't seem to want to get the problem solved.

Many many dentists will do extractions and fix problems for a patient who has little or no money by working with the patient, they do not work under the same system as medical doctors work under and have latitude to run their practice as they see fit.

Many urban areas have dentists who also work for nothing, really for nothing to ensure that people get some sort of care.

Really OVM, you admit to paying no taxes and now sponging off of the tax payer -- seriously?
Yep each and every time...my GAI says I make 0 dollars...I use the system that is in place to my FULL advantage legally ...called free enterprise/opportunity.....they can close them at anytime they wish...until then...Thank you...:D

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
When I have a respiritory infection, I'm given Levaquin, which can cost close to 200$ for a ten day supply of 10 pills. Not cheap.

...and yet, you're still not entitled to OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.

Compassion doesn't involve stealing.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yep each and every time...my GAI says I make 0 dollars...I use the system that is in place to my FULL advantage legally ...called free enterprise/opportunity.....they can close them at anytime they wish...until then...Thank you...:D

That's not free enterprise.

Free enterprise means that you can make the money and pay the bill yourself. You are taking advantage of something that takes away from others who may need it more than you do and hence adding to the same problems you seem to be speaking against.

Maybe it is an opportunity, as much as going on welfare and food stamps may be an opportunity for many but they choose to follow a better path, not because it is easier but because it is the right thing to do.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's not free enterprise.

Free enterprise means that you can make the money and pay the bill yourself. You are taking advantage of something that takes away from others who may need it more than you do and hence adding to the same problems you seem to be speaking against.

Maybe it is an opportunity, as much as going on welfare and food stamps may be an opportunity for many but they choose to follow a better path, not because it is easier but because it is the right thing to do.

The point is...the programs are out there for ALL to use....even the less fortunate....and besides...you are making a judgement call on whether I need it or not....the paperwork I submit says otherwise.....I use the system they(smart ones) set up....as I said.....I am not out to save the world...only my world....
Oh yeah..you said you applied to Fema....why? you don't need it.....

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Any one wanna bet this guy will become the new poster GUY for obamacare.just look at the title of the link talk about an agenda.It is sad when ever anyone dies of something so easy to take care of.That being said its his own fault,The meds he chose not to buy were 27 dollars.Im sure he could have asked a family member for the money maybe his uncle.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any one wanna bet this guy will become the new poster GUY for obamacare.just look at the title of the link talk about an agenda.It is sad when ever anyone dies of something so easy to take care of.That being said its his own fault,The meds he chose not to buy were 27 dollars.Im sure he could have asked a family member for the money maybe his uncle.
no name penicillin at Walmart...$4.00...yeah he'll be their new martar...

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
How many WOMEN have blown off a toothache to the last minute? I certainly have....from simple toothache into an abcess....outch!

My wife hasn't been to dentist in 17 years and yes we are fully insured

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sounds like you need a new doctor that hasn't developed a relationship with drug companies. My doctor said that there was no need to start with Levaquin due to the expense when treating my lung infection. I didn't think $20 a day was that bad.

Over the past few years, since my Emphysema diagnosis, we've run thru all the usual antibiotics to treat an infection. Levaquin works, & keeps me out of the hospital. Also, I'll keep my current Pulmonologist, thank you.

Mike

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OH I didn't see the Fema reply in my post.

OK OVM there is a difference, I pay taxes, but I also pay for flood insurance and have health insurance to the tune of $700 a year to boot.

BY contractual agreement, when my home flooded I have no choice but to make a claim to Fema, which I'm a subscriber to flood insurance program. I have paid into the program for 14 years now and only had one claim. SO I think because it is insurance, paid for by me, I think it is time I use it for what it was intended to be used for. By the way, Fema paid quickly, now I am fighting with my bank on releasing the funds so I can get my furnace so I don't freeze.

Those social programs, even Medicare, are not insurance programs with paying subscribers.

On the other hand, you pay zero taxes, which you boast about and even though the program is there, the problem is that you are working and have the ability to provide your own health insurance, which you choose not to do. When you applied for and was granted aid (I assume it is not a loan), you were taking away from either someone else in your state or having us, the tax payers foot the accumulated debt for those who are like you which means you are not paying the taxes and you are not part of the source of funding to pay that debt back.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
On the other hand, you pay zero taxes, which you boast about and even though the program is there, the problem is that you are working and have the ability to provide your own health insurance, which you choose not to do. When you applied for and was granted aid (I assume it is not a loan), you were taking away from either someone else in your state or having us, the tax payers foot the accumulated debt for those who are like you which means you are not paying the taxes and you are not part of the source of funding to pay that debt back.

If you don't like the programs the easiest way to get rid of them is by getting every working person you can on them, we will need to bankrupt the programs before we will see them go. I don't like the government taking money from people that have more and giving it to others but we need to treat it like the cash grab it is and force the programs out. I have made my feelings for welfare programs clear in the past but if you think I didn't get my welfare payment for buying a house in 2009 you are mistaken. We can all feel the same way about the entitlement programs but have different ways of dealing with them, mine is to bankrupt them. I know the Democrats love them and the Republicans are worried about looking bad and don't want to lose power so neither party is going to get rid of them.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
A cheap option people quite often forget about are dental schools. Example the one in Lansing MI does $25 extractions.There are plenty of programs and discounts available to those without insurance. Anyone who has acess to Google can find them. Places will also offer discounts and payment plans as well. My cancer treatment last year was at minimal cost to me through one of these programs. We used the financial aid programs for emergency surgeries that we have had. Even if you pay them $10 a month they are happy. thats one trip to McDonalds.... We do pay taxes every year. Due to me having had cancer at 25 most insurance companies want $1200 a month just for me with a $10000 deductable. And yes I do know what I am talking about I have a current valid life and health insurance license in the state of Michigan.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
We can all feel the same way about the entitlement programs but have different ways of dealing with them, mine is to bankrupt them.

Well that's part of the problem. If we continue to do dumb things like try to end a program through its insolvency, it only hurts us in the long run, and something else more costly will end up replacing it.

A cheap option people quite often forget about are dental schools. Example the one in Lansing MI does $25 extractions.There are plenty of programs and discounts available to those without insurance. Anyone who has acess to Google can find them. Places will also offer discounts and payment plans as well. ...

Yes Jenny, there are alternatives ... many of them but people don't see them or ignore them as they may expect to have some other solution.

I was in a similar situation, I went into the hospital with a life threatening condition without health care and made deals with the doctors and hospital to pay my debt off. It was more than OVM's but I wasn't working. For a number of years, I paid out of pocket for all my meds, I tracked down ways of saving money like coop programs and mass buying programs to save money. Until last year, my scrips were paid only by me and that only changed because my insurance company told me they would drop me if I didn't have them pay for it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OH I didn't see the Fema reply in my post.

OK OVM there is a difference, I pay taxes, but I also pay for flood insurance and have health insurance to the tune of $700 a year to boot.

BY contractual agreement, when my home flooded I have no choice but to make a claim to Fema, which I'm a subscriber to flood insurance program. I have paid into the program for 14 years now and only had one claim. SO I think because it is insurance, paid for by me, I think it is time I use it for what it was intended to be used for. By the way, Fema paid quickly, now I am fighting with my bank on releasing the funds so I can get my furnace so I don't freeze.

Those social programs, even Medicare, are not insurance programs with paying subscribers.

And? Your point is?......According to my IRS I am the working poor...;)

Then the system should be changed then eh?...

You think GE feels guilty?.....make billions and pay no tax?

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
A cheap option people quite often forget about are dental schools. Example the one in Lansing MI does $25 extractions.There are plenty of programs and discounts available to those without insurance. Anyone who has acess to Google can find them. Places will also offer discounts and payment plans as well. My cancer treatment last year was at minimal cost to me through one of these programs. We used the financial aid programs for emergency surgeries that we have had. Even if you pay them $10 a month they are happy. thats one trip to McDonalds.... We do pay taxes every year. Due to me having had cancer at 25 most insurance companies want $1200 a month just for me with a $10000 deductable. And yes I do know what I am talking about I have a current valid life and health insurance license in the state of Michigan.

There is a school in Richmond MI also they will even give you a payment plan if you dont have the money.These schools are great just not alot of people relize they are there,Also some people dont like the thought of a student doing the work.Myself I will use one anytime I can.

The sad thing about this story is this guys family has got money.This guy may have been out of work and no insurance how ever he had people in his family to turn to for help.Now the liberal left media is trying to push their agenda with the headlines they use just like the OP'S link here are some others.So as the liberals work to use this mans death to push their own agenda by making him out to be a poor down on his luck guy with no one to turn to for help.

Poor Man Dies from Toothache | Drudge Retort

Without Insurance, 24-year-old Dies of Toothache - ABC News

Man Dies From Toothache, Couldn't Afford Meds | Citizens for Legitimate Government

So who was this guys uncle bootsy collins award winning rock and roll hall of fame member.this guys other uncle was the late catfish collins.This guy had a way to get the 27 dollars he needed yet none of the liberal outlets say that.