Warning Bad Driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The problem is that it isn't in your control. You're trusting a third-party to track you only when they say they are. You call in, tell them to stop tracking you, and the phone goes BEEP BOOP BEEP "Ok, we're not tracking you." But you don't know any such thing. So what happens when you quit the company you're signed on with, the one that had you call them in the first place? There's nothing you can do, sorry of changing your phone number, to end your affiliation with Macropoint, and there's no telling that would even do it. You allowed them to start tracking you.

Please, try to get some sleep. There are no evil clowns under your bed. Yet.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good thing about the QC...on your off time/OOS you can just pull the power cord if you so chose...;) you do have a choice....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Boy do I have a lot to learn when I get out on the road! Never been to Chicago (except walking thru O'Hare to get from one flight to the other), so I didn't know about the Skyway, etc.
New York is the same way. If it's called a Parkway, stay off of it, even in a van. Most times, it's to preserve the view, but some of the parkways were built in the Twenties, when cars couldn't exceed 50 mph. Tight curves and bridges so low they'd knock the roof off a Sprinter.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They don't have much choice about cutting you some slack. We're independent contractors, so to some extent at least the route we use is chosen by us according to our experience. If the company wishes to make us follow the Approved Route without deviation, then it gets perilously close to making us employees in the eyes of the government, and there are reasons why the companies don't want to do that.

On "Approved Routes"-- technically not a company thing in this case, but I have vetoed my GPS any number of times. It loves the boulevards in Chicago, and if I'm going from O'Hare to Battlecreek, Michigan, it gets ecstatic about the chance to use the Skyway. I have to veto both of those choices. Any trucker-- even of vans with "B-Truck" plates-- is advised to stay off of Chicago's boulevards. The Skyway--- From O'Hare, you have to go through Chicago's Loop. Hardly ever a good idea as far as time is concerned. Then, the Skyway itself is the most expensive tollway that can be found in the Chicago Metro Area. From O'Hare to Battlecreek, the Tri-State is faster and cheaper.
when going to eastern Wisc. at night...I take I-94/Dan Ryan straight up to the 94/US41 split and take US 41 straight up it connects with I-94 at the state line.....best way to get thru Chicago for FREE....:)

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He actually thinks traffic cameras are for traffic...:rolleyes:

You haven't been around Chicago very long, have you. Everybody and his brother knows the cameras are revenue-generators, and little else. Even the "Lord High Ruler of the Rahmulan Empire" knows it, though you can bet he won't say it.

About the tracking thing: I suppose some of it does depend on what you do on your off-time. If you're in one of those militias, you're probably suspect of everything. For me, it matters a little less. What, they're going to find out I go to church on Sunday??? Or that I may go OOS to run an R/C model boat? I'm sure that'll cause some trouble!!!

These tracking devices really don't bother me much. I'm much more concerned about the ones that are placed surreptitiously by a suspicious spouse. These are the ones to fear. Even if you're absolutely innocent of any wrongdoing, you still have a suspicious spouse who doesn't trust you. No good can come of any tracking device placed by such a person.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You haven't been around Chicago very long, have you. Everybody and his brother knows the cameras are revenue-generators, and little else. Even the "Lord High Ruler of the Rahmulan Empire" knows it, though you can bet he won't say it.

About the tracking thing: I suppose some of it does depend on what you do on your off-time. If you're in one of those militias, you're probably suspect of everything. For me, it matters a little less. What, they're going to find out I go to church on Sunday??? Or that I may go OOS to run an R/C model boat? I'm sure that'll cause some trouble!!!

These tracking devices really don't bother me much. I'm much more concerned about the ones that are placed surreptitiously by a suspicious spouse. These are the ones to fear. Even if you're absolutely innocent of any wrongdoing, you still have a suspicious spouse who doesn't trust you. No good can come of any tracking device placed by such a person.

My wife JuJubeans has fleetvision access....one time the Walmart a NEW one was right behind a Hooters....the Walmart didn't even exist on Google yet....you can figure out the rest of story....LOL

If they are income generators it ain't working....speed on the tri state is 55.....ever tried to do 55 and not get run over even in the granny lane?....LOL

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
First, I actually believe your story about the guy disappearing with your freight for 18 hours and abandoning it. It is awful that someone would represent their company, self, and fellow drivers in such a manner. Luckily for us expediters, people that behave like this are not rampantly amongst us. Most every driver and contractor out here is of good enough character to be trusted with the customers' freight. Freight abandonment, however, is the violation here and that is where your communication should stop about this for now; at least until you get a court judgment. Whatever you do don't get involved in a counter-suit because of some privacy issue with your applicants' information and alluding to possible drug use. Sorry, I've already permanently red-flagged your business myself for that and for using adjectives to describe the driver at this point with improper timing.

Next, you say that you just spent $50 on a background check while all the while you were charging contractors a $25 fee for your business expense of a background check for signing on with your carrier. This just leaves me speechless.

The bottom line is that although I hope you win the suit if you are right, I also believe that the alleged perp should print everything off of here and take to court.

That website is old. It should have been taken down by now. I do background checks only on the drivers that are in my company owned vans. I however do not require background checks from my Owner Operators. It's a different story when you are putting someone into your equipment. That is where you are wrong because I do get genral background checks for the drivers in our company vans and they only 25 dollars. I just ran a more extensive check on this perp because I do not want him to be able to hide from me when I take him to court.

Also, he can print all of this out if he wants to. I have a recording of him threatening to come to my place of business and do physical harm to me. I also have countless text messages about how he purposely destroyed my company. So, let him print this all out and bring it to court. I welcome it. With that being said I will ask the moderators to delete this post and remove it. You guys know that there is a scammer out there and my initial intent to warn the EO community has been fulfilled. I will speak of this no more - I will not talk about this in the IM's anymore.

I was frustrated, and at wits end, and possibly I could have handled this all in a more professional manner. You will never know that it is like t spend 10 months of your life putting something together to have it all taken from you by one person. Then that person just sails off into the sunset like nothing has ever happend and people on here want to say that my company is to blame for it. The companies are bad, the companies deserve this, the drivers are all good and always right. You will never know until you start a business of your own. So, with that being said, please delete this thread and remove it. I am sorry for dragging the EO community into this mess. I will handle the rest of this internally.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will not delete it for now because to does have some educational value....BUT I will lock it for now, until a higher power says otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.