Waiting patiently in Ontario,Ca.

chuckon2

Seasoned Expediter
It's very frustrating sitting here at the T/A in Ontario,Ca and seeing other Expeditors Carriers get a load out of here and were still here. FedEx needs to get work and find some loads for the ones that are sitting. Sometimes other carriers are looking better, but I know the Feds will come thru for us. LOL !!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Wonder how many have left at a rate we would be insulted at ? Also, how many relocated on their own dime. Patience is a definite requirement for that part of the country. Also, getting more going out there makes it easier to find a suitable load back.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What kind of truck? How long have you been there? What qualifications do you have? Are you a team?

CA can be a "crap shoot". Last time we were there we got a load out 15 minutes after we unloaded. The time before we sat 4 days. The time before that we had to get a relocation.

The economy in CA is less than stellar. One needs to consider a LOT when taking a load out there.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The economy in CA is less than stellar. One needs to consider a LOT when taking a load out there.

Really not all that much to consider, if the pay is really good then you go. After that it really comes down to luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I always consider the load out as one week of work for pay purposes. Then I divide it by two. Then, if the load pays enough to make what two normal weeks pay we take it. Unless we have to be home within 3 weeks. Then we don't go.