Waiting for predispatch info.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Our team had a very busy week thanks to Fxcc ! Most of the runs were Predispatched while on other runs. It seems like we had to pull teeth to get the load info. After completing the current load. If anyone @ HQ reads this, I wonder if there is a solution to this ?

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sending QC message 1 after POD didn't work? It's ridiculous they don't send it immediately since we pay ever so dearly for the QC for such things. I'd love to hear a reason for not doing so other than that's how it's always been and we'd rather "fix" things like our colors than legitimate operational issues.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
@ LDB : macro 1 worked when they sent the instructions to do so. All week our times were very tight from one load to the next, our stress level was high enough without having to beg for the info. I'm assuming you've been there as well. Same thing with the load opps....having to jump through the password / number jungle..frustrating when it doesnt have to be that way.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
On one PD they took 45 min to send info. 01, and freeform did no good. Then guess what,I don`t have hrs to do the run.
CHEEZ....Something has to be done.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
On one PD they took 45 min to send info. 01, and freeform did no good. Then guess what,I don`t have hrs to do the run.
CHEEZ....Something has to be done.

That's horrible..its pretty bad when it affects your revenue. I find that calling works best.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, I've been there and that's why I can't understand why they can't/won't send the info immediately? I mean really, why can you not get the info as soon as you accept? Why is it a secret until after you POD?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
We had a similar week. After one del I will make up an address in the town of our next pick-up. On Fri as we were racing to our next pu the info finally comes in. They had bumped the pu 2 hrs w/o telling me.
The customer was glad when I arrived early.
This is stressful as as soon as the info arrives I want to pullover and read ALL the notes. Fri afternoon in Dallas it's not always easy to just pull over.
Sending the 01 before they ask does not help.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have brought up this subject many times with different people at FDCC. I guess this is just one wart that is immune to 'freezone'.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We call at the time we are informed we have been (pre) dispatched and get the critical info; address, name of company, POC, etc. Then when we deliver our current run, the next pu is already in our gps and off we go...macro 1 happens sometime enroute and the whole event is seamless...

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
We had a similar week. After one del I will make up an address in the town of our next pick-up. On Fri as we were racing to our next pu the info finally comes in. They had bumped the pu 2 hrs w/o telling me.
The customer was glad when I arrived early.
This is stressful as as soon as the info arrives I want to pullover and read ALL the notes. Fri afternoon in Dallas it's not always easy to just pull over.
Sending the 01 before they ask does not help.

Lack of communication about the time bump...yeah, I completely understand the pressure issue there. Could have been much safer with the correct info.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Like it was a said before its a good idea to call in and get the pu info as soon as you're predispatched. The 01 macro won't work until the current load POD is enetered into their system, which they do themselves. Your 07 POD you send isn't in their system until they enter it. Its the same for 08 bedcards, 11-at home msgs,
and the rest of the macros. The 2 things that are instant is if you use the phone are in and out of service. If you use the clink for these 2 it won't take affect until they put it in themselves. I always use the phone VRU for these 2 status changes.