Vitamin Question

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
My team partner and I have recently decided to get in shape! We were going to wait to the New Year (08) to start, but we looked at each other, and decided there is no time like the present! So it's day 3 on low carb plan. I am in sugar, carb withdrawal today- but I am not hungry- so thats good! I have seen the vitamins for sale at the truck stops- this morning I picked up a bottle and read the label- sounded really good. Has anyone tried the product? We are taking Centrum ( even though we are not yet in our 50"s) but I liked the fact that they don't have Iron in them- iron makes my stomach sick! So let us know your reviews if you have tried the truck stop liquid stuff- thanks!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Centrum is about as good a choice as anything. I also skip the iron for stomach upset reasons.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have recently started to gain weight, due to taking 20 mg Prednisone, daily. The medication also increases your appetite. So, I can't win. The Prednisone reduces inflammation, in my lungs, thus
helping me breathe better. So, I guess it's a trade-off!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Are you doing South Beach? That is the diet our doctor put us on and it includes a lot of fruit and veggies. Our doctor suggested we skip the first couple of weeks and do the regular diet. It seems healthy with all the veggies and fruit added and the bars are really convenient and good. india

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
"Talent is God-given; be thankful.
Praise is man-given; be humble
Conceit is self-given; be careful."

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have taken vitamins for several years. We take a multi vitamin, fish oil, calcium, ginger root, and a aspirin daily. This must work and knock on wood we just do not get sick! Even when around sick people we are ok.

We also got hoodwinked but the vitamins in the truck stop and the cost of those was at least triple what we pay for our vitamins and we felt no different. We went back. Plus our vitamins do not taste as bad as theirs does!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
You know, Linda has a good point about the expense of the vitamins at Truck Stops. So many of the everyday things we purchase are much more expensive at a truck stop than, say, a Wal-Mart. I imagine, if you compare the ingredients of vitamins at Wal-Mart or CVS, you'll find you can get the very same vitamin supplements for a lot less money. Worth checking out!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
"Talent is God-given; be thankful.
Praise is man-given; be humble
Conceit is self-given; be careful."

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
Your right! I tried the free sample, and it was bad tasting. I saw that you take ginger root everyday, what are the health benefits on that? I tried taking cayenne pepper, I even bought the " Cool in your tummy" type- it was to speed up metabolism- but it was too harsh on my stomach, even gave me a headache. But I think ginger was listed also, and cinnamin to boost your fat burning ability. I know I love ginger in my food!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have quit hanging out in joints also but the darn joint pain doesn't know it yet!

Pappy

Expert Expediter
My wife and I both do Centrum Silver.
according to our family Doc, they're a good choice.
Also according to the Doc, all the Mega, Ultra Mega etc. junk does is cause you to pay a high price just to turn your PEE dark yellow.

Pappy :)

ejtrucker

Seasoned Expediter
Ok, no link to Isagenix. But I urge you to look into it.
It really is the best tasting stuff and the science behind makes it so your body absorbs all the water soluable vitamins. I took nutrition for a couple semesters and the more broken down the vitamin / portein is the better it absorbs. You dont tinkle away your money!!! If you have questions I would be happy to help anyone.
I am not really doing this to sell, really, it is just really good and when I find something really good I like to share. Shoot if a bunch of us were at the same truck stop, I would be giving it away so you can see for yourself.
I tried this one liquid vitamin and I had to plug my nose to drink it, and it was think, I gaged a couple time,yuk. And the liquid ones are not cheap.

EJ
www.myspace.com/ejtrucker
D/solo

http://www.expeditersonline.com/img/5star-7.gif

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
Well my boyfriend just weighed today- and has lost 7 pounds! I don't know my weight loss, because I was too chicken to get on the scale in the beginning! But i can tell the difference in my stomach, and the way my clothes feel. The low carb was a little rough in the beginning, had a few headaches, and feelings of weakness. I did go to Walmart and buy a pottasium vitamin, along with the centrum, and calcium that we take every day.
When we started ( a little over a week ago) we de-junked the truck- chips, cookies, raisenettes( my favorite) and crackers ect...and filled up with low carb foods. Gary had a few moments of sheer Mr. Mc Nasty- not understanding WHY can't he have wheat bread- it's good for you? So after our discussion in the Walmart isle of what you can and can't eat- he left and waited in the truck (sulking).
But today after his way in- I am at the top of his list of people! I have had my own witchy moments too! I just think it is so much easier to do it together- and easier being in the truck. And the money we have saved! Eating out is expensive as you well know.
We will be going home next weekend- and the Holidays are here, I think because we didn't wait till New Years to start it will help with sticking to the plan- or at least I hope!
If anyone else is low carbing- send us some tips- or just keep us posted.

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
We are doing the Adkins diet. I have heard about the south beach diet- I thought it would be too hard to make the dishes while on the road? So hows it going? Let us know!