Canada Visiting Canada

Scottrucks

Seasoned Expediter
OK, a few things you might need to know:
1)You require a Passport to come visit us, (US Gov't idea)
2)Please "NO GUNS" allowed up here!!
4)Ontario doesn't allow you to use "ANY" device while driving
that is not "hands free" -read cell phones, GPS, IPod etc, etc
(Beats me why a "Professional Driver" might be doing anything
else while driving anyway??)
3)Ontario doesn't allow vehicles to even have a radar detector
device plugged in, so if you get caught they will take it and
fine you big time!!
4)Big rigs are required to be limited to 105kph anyway...
5)100kph = (about) 60 mph
6)1-US (mini) gallon = 3.8 litres
1-Imperial gallon = 4.5 litres
7)Fuel is too expensive up here to buy anyway, so fill your
tanks before you cross over the border!!!!
8)13% HST will be charged to just about everything you buy up
here, what you think we can just give away our "FREE" health
care without paying for it somehow??? Gas taxes, Sales Taxes
9)Our truck police are working hard to keep our roads safe up
here from "Bad Truckers", so you might enjoy a free
inspection while you are here too...

Welcome to Canada and enjoy your trip!!!:cool:

PS: Don't feel bad if you can't speak French, our other official language, most of us up here don't either!!!:eek:

We also have a very good sense of humour!!!even if you all spell it funny, eh!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder if Americans can get the GST portion refunded still somehow..or is that gone?

IMO it should never have been that way to begin with...darn Yanks never give us no breaks...:(

Scottrucks

Seasoned Expediter
That plan is still being offered as far as I know OMV, but living up here, I can honestly say, I don't know much about how visitors go about claiming the GST part of the HST back?
I guess deep down I really don't care 'cause either, I like the idea of someone else to help pay for all my FREE HEALTH care and stuff we get up here...:eek:
OK, got to go before I fall off my chair as I am laughing so hard
the tears are blinding me.............................FREE HEALTH care
:D:D;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That plan is still being offered as far as I know OMV, but living up here, I can honestly say, I don't know much about how visitors go about claiming the GST part of the HST back?
I guess deep down I really don't care 'cause either, I like the idea of someone else to help pay for all my FREE HEALTH care and stuff we get up here...:eek:
OK, got to go before I fall off my chair as I am laughing so hard
the tears are blinding me.............................FREE HEALTH care
:D:D;)

IF you do fall off that chair..PLEASE go get some of that FREE Health care!! *LOL* That these Yanks are paying for...hahaha

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Rule number 1 is only half right...or a passport card or nexus card...:D

you better have the passport, birth cert and drivers lic along with any other homeland sec issued cards. border guards don't take plastic. trust me from experience.

no 4....never passed an 18 whler on the move in canada. been blown off the road by a few between windsor and toronto. must be a selective few that have speed limiters installed.

Last edited:

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
you better have the passport, birth cert and drivers lic along with any other homeland sec issued cards. border guards don't take plastic. trust me from experience.

no 4....never passed an 18 whler on the move in canada. been blown off the road by a few between windsor and toronto. must be a selective few that have speed limiters installed.

Trucks blowing you off the road may have this gadget . Illegal but shows the truck properly limited if checked at scales . FasterTruck.com - Where Safety comes First