Vacation/Road Trip Leadin Question

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
So I've kinda wondered about something like this.

Say you're going on a vacation to like, Vegas or something from east coast and you own a van with a carrier. Do you just grab freight off a load board or something to cover your drive to the destination (that you'd be doing anyway otherwise) just for the hell of it? And then do the same to return to your operating area?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes and no. If I get a load to Vegas and I want to turn it into a vacation, I just go out of service for a few days. First time I went to Flagstaff I just went OOS and hung out at the Grand Canyon.

When I want to schedule a vacation, I don't drive. I stay right here.

Reactions: Grumpy Grandpa

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
I'm not sure I understand a difference in the details of the first bit. The company Ill be working for will probably never have loads out to vegas on their own might be the necessary detail I missed on my part.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Basically, wherever a load takes you, you can turn it into a vacation.

When I officially take vacations, the last thing I want to do is drive. Especially using a work van with a high CPM. I'd rather keep the mileage to mostly work-related miles.

But if you can get a load from Canada to your vacation destination, nothing wrong with that. Getting one back to Canada is gonna be tricky, depending on where you go.

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
Oh true I would probably try to grab something going in that direction just to get back into the area of operations which is like a 600 mile radius around Niagara falls.

I have a weird aversion to flights I don't like getting to a place and not having control of my ability to move so I would already be driving a non-optimal car out there because it's either my transit or a Jeep and the logic was if I can get paid for the drive why not.

Vibrursan

Not a Member
Carrier Management
Travel always includes many details to consider when planning a vacation. If you are going to travel long distances, make your question clearly so that you don't have problems later. For example, I am planning a trip later this month to Germany. This country is quite far from where I live, so I need to know all the nuances. First of all, I read a lot of information about the place before planning a trip. Sometimes I use the services of travel agencies, but most of the time, I try to manage on my own. This time the website Urlaub im Allgäu und Oberbayern helped me. Thanks to this service, I have studied places I will go and exciting details that any tourist should know.