Cargo Van USPS Buys PM'S

BXDIVER

Expert Expediter
Driver
The USPS just bought 9100 Promasters. I hope this helps lower the price of parts and service in the future.

Reactions: bigdogg

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The USPS just bought 9100 Promasters. I hope this helps lower the price of parts and service in the future.
They will probrably be the right hand drive version ..(fiat) .. they mostly use them for Curb delivery .... over 15 years experience driving a USPS vehicle here ....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who ordered that many?I had read at the end of June they had sold a little under 30,000 for the year.

Reactions: Yowpuggy

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw 2 USPS Pro Masters being hauled by Swift the other day. All painted up and sporting USPS decals. Didn't notice if they were right hand drive though.

Reactions: ntimevan

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are they being used for home and rural delivery or something else? Seem kind of big for that thought they'd use the city type vans.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its the USPS. They don't care if its the right truck for the job. They can just raise the rates. Also they are helping the Mexican economy grow.
Postal Service to buy 9,113 Ram ProMaster vans for large package delivery
don't know how that helps the Mexican economy much?....they might be assembled there but a lot of parts are from europe and US and Canada.....just saying...
what creates more jobs?......assembled in a country or assembled with 70-80% foreign content

Last edited:

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our Post Office receives UPS shipments for local delivery. UPS drops them at the PO and then we get a notice in the box, so we can pick it up the next day.
Whenever UPS says delivery will be X day, we know it will be a day later. They have been doing this for quite some time now. Maybe this is why the USPS needs bigger vehicles, they have to finish the job UPS started.

Reactions: ntimevan

BXDIVER

Expert Expediter
Driver
The ones I saw sporting usps logos were the low roof short length, and yes it was a swift truck coming out of Laredo.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our Post Office receives UPS shipments for local delivery. UPS drops them at the PO and then we get a notice in the box, so we can pick it up the next day.
Whenever UPS says delivery will be X day, we know it will be a day later. They have been doing this for quite some time now. Maybe this is why the USPS needs bigger vehicles, they have to finish the job UPS started.

I thought it would be next day also, considering it was a Sunday Amazon delivery, but there it was, right to my door.

The power of Amazon

Amazon Sunday delivery: Key facts to know as USPS rolls out service nationally - GeekWire

Reactions: Moot