Cargo Van use of BLIZZAK tires on vans in winter

IBXPUHDYTIN'

New Recruit
Researching
I am planning the equipment I want to use on an E350/G3500 and have the opportunity to get BLIZZAKS for winter (10PR/LR-E) LT 245/75R16.Do many vans use dedicated winter tires or just all seasons and traction devices when required?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, if you're in Tacoma and you spend all your time bouncing back and forth over the Cascades, snow tires are your friend. But expediting in the Midwest means all-season tires are fine. The roads are cleared quickly, and every load you get in the snow will just take you to Laredo, anyway.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I go through the same debate with myself every year.
I can probably count on one hand the number of times I wish I had winter tires each season. That said, I still would not mind having them. Maybe this season i'll take the plunge...maybe

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My Rule of thumb is simple ... a good all-season thread design works 1 day in Rain .. the next day in snow .. covers most winter type conditions ...
If its Snowing that much (deep) then call dispatch and Park the dang Van ... No Load is worth an accident .... just my 2 cents

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We run all season's, so far when the roads get bad, slowing down and looking out for people running over there talent level has worked.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
My Rule of thumb is simple ... a good all-season thread design works 1 day in Rain .. the next day in snow .. covers most winter type conditions ...
If its Snowing that much (deep) then call dispatch and Park the dang Van ... No Load is worth an accident .... just my 2 cents

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.
Read above, very true!!! One "at fault" accident might mean a quick end to your expediting career.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: purgoose10