URINALS

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Sign of the times, We are seeing more and more signs like this one from Federal Way, Wa. The first one was a few years back and it said, "No Pigs Allowed". They weren't talking about livestock or LEOs. It is a reflection of an on going and increasing problem. Some of it caused by uncaring drivers and some caused by the lack of facilities (hard to use that as an excuse when at a truck stop) provided for drivers.

Attachments

• URINALS.png
    URINALS.png
    52 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am often amazed at the lack of decency of some drivers.

Use a bathroom for crying out loud.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In between their Drives and Trailer mostly from what I've seen.
...and just toss trash and 'stuff' out their windows!
It's sad.
Once a Driver yelled over at me..."the ground is like one big filter!"
wow

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most animals pee on the ground. The ground is an excellent filter. Asphalt, not as excellent.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Most animals pee on the ground. The ground is an excellent filter. Asphalt, not as excellent.
Turtle, you are a TURTLE! You are expected to do your business on the ground. :rolleyes:

..."the ground is like one big filter!" ...vandriver2 next time tell them to use that "filter" to make their coffee. Or give them a copy of this: http://www.americanrivers.org/assets/pdfs/Health_Risks_of_Sewage_fact_sheetb119.pdf

I am now parked at the TA in North Bend Wa. We first parked on the bottom of the lot then noticed the puddles were yellow and green in color...and smelled! Just moved uphill in the same lot and its like we moved to another State. Fresh, clean comfortable and I can step out of the truck.

Reactions: vandriver2

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A turtle's pee can and often does contain salmonella.

Last edited:

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle, you are a TURTLE! You are expected to do your business on the ground. :rolleyes:

..."the ground is like one big filter!" ...vandriver2 next time tell them to use that "filter" to make their coffee. Or give them a copy of this: http://www.americanrivers.org/assets/pdfs/Health_Risks_of_Sewage_fact_sheetb119.pdf

I am now parked at the TA in North Bend Wa. We first parked on the bottom of the lot then noticed the puddles were yellow and green in color...and smelled! Just moved uphill in the same lot and its like we moved to another State. Fresh, clean comfortable and I can step out of the truck.
Ew....the odor....(good link, thx)
I can't help change their "habits".

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Stopped, pulled over to move a small turtle to the other side earlier today coming home. He pee'd.

Same thing happened to me when I moved a box turtle out of the bike trail a few days ago. I have never seen it happen before and I have taken dozens of turtles off my mom's property.

Reactions: vandriver2

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
chuck-norris-peed-jere.jpg