Update on scott's xxiv24 surgery.

jojomica

Seasoned Expediter
Dear Scott,
Sounds like your sunnyside is up! Attitude is half the battle. My thoughts and prayers for you are for little pain and a speedy recovery. Take good care.
Yes, I was ravenously assaulted by "THE CLAW". It has in turn left me feeling rather poorly at the moment, but on the mend...the best part of my stay so far was having 7 nurses sometimes 2 and 3 at a time fail to get blood from me....i was ready to advise them to go get leeches...wow.
I am still alot sore but recovery will be fast i think. 3 weeks. All for now, oddly i seem to have a tummy ache. Ya'll have a good one!

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Scott is HOME!!!! Sore, but otherwise ok.

Keeping fingers crossed waiting to hear about the chemo.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ummm, about the leeches? They have them, and they use them, too. Not for drawing blood, though - for that, they just keep poking new holes till something gives.
Leeches are ordered in certain cases where the Doc wants the blood withdrawn slowly, from a specific area. They're kept in the pharmacy, and I have no idea how they're fed if not used, and now I'm wondering about that, lol.
:eek:
And now Scott's REALLY glad to be home, I bet!

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Well, it is +4 recovery day. Got a call from the surgeon. He informed me that the lymph node was free of cancer, the kidney, however, was a stage 3 cancer. I am glad they took the time to watch it grow for 3 months, snort! Anyhoo, because the kidney and nodes were completely removed there is a 0 margine that they failed to get it all. of course, because of the aggressive nature of the cancer it is possible that it may return. So while i do not currently have to do chemo, they are going to see if i qualify for some sort of study where i will be in a group that is watched closer to monitor any possible return of said cancer.
In short, they will check for it every now and again, or they will check more frequently...the overall concern is overwhelming.:)

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Well, it is +4 recovery day. Got a call from the surgeon. He informed me that the lymph node was free of cancer, the kidney, however, was a stage 3 cancer. I am glad they took the time to watch it grow for 3 months, snort! Anyhoo, because the kidney and nodes were completely removed there is a 0 margine that they failed to get it all. of course, because of the aggressive nature of the cancer it is possible that it may return. So while i do not currently have to do chemo, they are going to see if i qualify for some sort of study where i will be in a group that is watched closer to monitor any possible return of said cancer.
In short, they will check for it every now and again, or they will check more frequently...the overall concern is overwhelming.:)

Just so ya know. My mother had cancer something like 15 years ago. They did a hysterectomy on her. She hasnt had a single sign of cancer since. She is 73 years old now and still pretty agile. We all know that there has been HUGE advancements in technology over that 15 year period too. Her worst problems have been a result of the radiation treatments they gave her before they operated.

All that to say. You've got freight to haul!...no more excuses! :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That is great news. Hopefully you kicked that cancer in the a--!!!!!

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Been a week ago today that I came home from hosp. now. My tummy is still a bit tight when i stand for long periods of time or when i go to stand up from sitting. All in all i would say it is going right on schedule. I plan to return to my house wed so i can sit around another week and a half and then get back to it.
I was told not to lift anything over 10 pounds for a month....lol....right. Last thing i have to do now is get my cdl squared away...last sugar check was 102...hope it stays that way, otherwise it is a c for me. ;p
This has truly been an experience for me and I look forward to throwing it on the been there done that catagory. I have seen this company and its associates come to my aid along with fellow drivers, I thank you all wholeheartedly and it makes me swell with pride to be a part of this company and of the driver community whom i choose to call the elite of this profession! Thank you all!