unlock doors on a promaster

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess i am confused .... can ONLY lock my PM doors with Ignition Remote in my hand ... so why do i need to Break into my Locked PM ...?

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I guess i am confused .... can ONLY lock my PM doors with Ignition Remote in my hand ... so why do i need to Break into my Locked PM ...?
Have an extra key in your pocket before you try it, but in my Sprinter and with most cargo vans, you can leave the key in the ignition, lock all the doors, exit through the rear door, lock the rear door manually and then close the door, and you're locked out.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have an extra key in your pocket before you try it, but in my Sprinter and with most cargo vans, you can leave the key in the ignition, lock all the doors, exit through the rear door, lock the rear door manually and then close the door, and you're locked out.
I think that's how I got locked out the 1st time. Fortunately, had my wallet on me, bought the kit at the J and got back in

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan and Turtle

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think that's how I got locked out the 1st time. Fortunately, had my wallet on me, bought the kit at the J and got back in

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
I learned Years ago in a old chevy cargo van the hard way ... got out of drivers door and hit lock button on drivers door .... keys laying on drivers seat ... now i carry main set of keys in left pocket ... spare set in right pants pocket ..

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Reactions: RoadTime